NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 overclocking numbers aren't as impressive as we'd hoped and talking to a couple of partners about these OC results, the numbers seem consistent. What we tend to be hearing is that while getting to GTX 680 speeds aren't a problem, moving much higher is a little bit of an issue.
Of course clocking the video card at GTX 680 speeds doesn't mean we'll get GTX 680 performance due to the reduced CUDA core count on the GTX 670. The slightly higher clocks over the 680 help close the gap, though, and most of the time sees the GTX 670 come out ahead.
As we see companies offer us new coolers and different PCBs over the coming weeks, we might see higher overclocks, but the general word from companies is that the GTX 670 just isn't a massive overclocking video card. To be honest this doesn't surprise us all that much as the GTX 680 doesn't seem to be the biggest overclocking part either.
There's not much else that really needs to be said for the most part. The GTX 670 continues to be a great performing video card, but like the GTX 680, overclocking isn't it strongest area. Considering that most people are going to see stock performance or pre-overclocked performance, this model is going to continue to be a headache for AMD.
Keep an eye out on May 10th when the model officially gets released by NVIDIA and we bring you a look at a non-reference video card that will hopefully impress us like the reference design video card we've looked at here today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA announces conference on discovery beyond our System
- Samsung teases Exynos 9; it could power the Galaxy S8
- Spectacles are finally available for online purchase
- Moto G5 and G5 Plus specs leak ahead of the launch
- HTC's new One X10 teased, a new budget 5.5-inch phone
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league