NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 overclocking numbers aren't as impressive as we'd hoped and talking to a couple of partners about these OC results, the numbers seem consistent. What we tend to be hearing is that while getting to GTX 680 speeds aren't a problem, moving much higher is a little bit of an issue.
Of course clocking the video card at GTX 680 speeds doesn't mean we'll get GTX 680 performance due to the reduced CUDA core count on the GTX 670. The slightly higher clocks over the 680 help close the gap, though, and most of the time sees the GTX 670 come out ahead.
As we see companies offer us new coolers and different PCBs over the coming weeks, we might see higher overclocks, but the general word from companies is that the GTX 670 just isn't a massive overclocking video card. To be honest this doesn't surprise us all that much as the GTX 680 doesn't seem to be the biggest overclocking part either.
There's not much else that really needs to be said for the most part. The GTX 670 continues to be a great performing video card, but like the GTX 680, overclocking isn't it strongest area. Considering that most people are going to see stock performance or pre-overclocked performance, this model is going to continue to be a headache for AMD.
Keep an eye out on May 10th when the model officially gets released by NVIDIA and we bring you a look at a non-reference video card that will hopefully impress us like the reference design video card we've looked at here today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- Charge ALL the Things With a 4-Port USB Hub
- Trying to prevent drones from dropping contraband into prisons is hard
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- Razer offers Aussie LoL fans a ticket for worldwide travel
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20