The Sound System Continued
- Bass Production
The bass waves are produced by a four inches "High Performance" sub woofer which is situated behind your back directly in the middle of the back support area from the sub woofer box. From every shake and rumble, the bass waves are produced and pushed forwarded through the upper parts of your body and legs - impressively and realistically.
While the woofer is only a four inch, no name brand, and only powered through a 25 watt RMS amplifier it does generate a surprising amount of bass for its size. The bass production is nowhere the most booming I have ever experienced (I use a 500 watt RMS sub woofer in my car and this product still managed to draw my attention which surely means something), although it does its job, and well, as stated by the Pyramat company. You have the option to increase bass with a bass boost volume control at the back of the mat - I did not really notice much increase in bass when turned up fully, it instead created sound distortion at high volume levels - stay away from there!
The following picture is shot inside the sub woofer box. The smaller hole of the two which you can see from this end is an open hole for bass and sound waves to exit.
It should be taken into consideration that the new upcoming version of the Pyramat will use an 80 watt RMS sub woofer and larger speakers which will be released in the not so distant future. Consider this before your final buy.
- Speaker Sound Quality
On each side of the sub woofer box are two small mid range speakers attached with double-sided tape. These two speakers help in providing a decent and realistic 4.1 surround sound experience with assistance from the separate TV or computer monitor with two or more speakers acting as the front left and front right channels and so forth depending on your third party sound system setup whether it be 4.1, 5.1, 6.1 and so on since the support for these modes are not dependant on the Pyramat but your third party amplifier.
Just make sure you have both front left and front right channels, etc operating at the same volume as the rear left and rear right channels of the Pyramat since both have different sound sources otherwise sound effects won't be produced as accurately as they should be, just like we discovered.
The quality of sound from these speakers surprised us just like the sub woofer, especially considering they are only powered by a 25 watt RMS amplifier which the sub woofer is already taking its fair share of power from - I would not have expected the amount of volume and very acceptable sound quality at fairly high levels from these small, and again no name, mid range speakers.
Overall sound quality from the Pyramat 300 Interactive is something NOT to be looked down like we first thought might be the result but something to be fairly impressed with considering the price of the product.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Pyramat 300 Interactive - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Pyramat 300 Interactive - Page 2 [The Mat]
- Pyramat 300 Interactive - Page 3 [The Sound System]
- Pyramat 300 Interactive - Page 4 [The Sound System Continued]
- Pyramat 300 Interactive - Page 5 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Pearl Black S7 edge comes with more storage
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel