The mat is little over six foot long in length and is long enough for the average person. To give you a better idea, I am a little taller than six foot and my feet did not hang off the edge of the mat, which was to my surprise. When looking down at the mat it seems smaller than what it actually is. If you are an ex-NBA player for example or generally just a tall person, you might just add another pillow to the end of the mat to compensate for your extra height - either way it is not much of a concern.
As you can see from the pictures below, the Pyramat 300 Interactive certainly has a very distinctive technical cool factor about it and it is surely something to impress all of your friends at the next LAN party or geeky gathering at your place.
The innards of the mat are made out of foam with a softer type of fabric on the outer edge for extra comfort. The foam and soft fabric is then covered with stylish and strong black plastic which can be unzipped at various locations for whatever reason you may find to be getting into the insides. While you probably would not sit on the mat for the entire day, it is fairly comfortable to sit on considering its affordable price tag of $149 US (roughly $280 AU).
In fact, the Pyramat 300 Interactive has doubled quite well as a second all purpose couch and electronic like massage chair machine thanks to the four inches sub woofer which sits directly behind your back and sends bass waves all through the upper part of your body almost in a soothing manor as you battle to the death against your friends and family.
We tried ripping the plastic to pieces with some force and it stayed up to the task without any problems. This clearly indicates that cheap products have not been used to lower overall production costs. When sitting down on the mat, it does not move up or down or from side to side, which is definitely a big plus as it would become quite annoying in not much time at all. While the mat does not have any actual device to stop it moving, your body weight does the job of keeping the mat in one place at all times.
- Back Support
The back rest is very strong. You might be led to believe that is not very strong but I am not a small person and the back rest had no problems supporting my weight, even when putting force on it when trying to fault it - it simply does not move due to great design thought by Pyramat. However, if you happen to remove the sub woofer box from the back rest like we did to take a closer look, you will loose the top part of the back rest as it collapses from the lack of support from the sub woofer box - but this should not be a problem for most.
The only problem we experienced in this area is that it does not have any lower back support. This means, every-so-often, you find yourself creeping further and further down the mat and having to prop yourself up again due to lack of support in that area. In future models, we hope to see some type of lumber support, especially for those with back or neck problems that would probably cringe at a product like this in its current state and give it a big miss.
- It's Compact too
When you're finished using the mat, it folds up, using velcro straps, to its original shipping state to save room around your house or office which also makes it easy to move around from house to LAN party, for example. In this shape, is also doubles quite nicely as a foot rest!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Pyramat 300 Interactive - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Pyramat 300 Interactive - Page 2 [The Mat]
- Pyramat 300 Interactive - Page 3 [The Sound System]
- Pyramat 300 Interactive - Page 4 [The Sound System Continued]
- Pyramat 300 Interactive - Page 5 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog