Standalone or in SLI, our thoughts on the new Palit JetStream GTX 680 4GB are the same. If you think that 2GB of memory on your GTX 680 isn't enough, then make the leap over to the 4GB version offering from Palit.
Of course compared to the reference design, it's not just the extra memory that comes in to play here. We've also got the awesome cooler that does wonders on the GPU and seems to give the video card a bit more breathing room when it comes to the Dynamic Overclocking side of things.
There's little to dislike about the Palit JetStream GTX 680 4GB offering and even less to dislike when you throw a second into the mix. If you're serious about your gaming and you're going to be looking at gaming in Surround Vision or just 2560 x 1600 with the AA and AF detail cranked right up, then the 4GB offering is going to be something you probably want.
Of course if you're interested in saving some pennies and you're impressed with what the 2GB offerings did, then the Palit JetStream GTX 680 2GB card is also a great option and comes out a little faster out of the box thanks to the pre-overclock on offer from it, something that Palit skipped on the 4GB card.
With the recent announced price drops on the Radeon HD 7000 series by AMD, though, we find ourselves wondering if the GTX 680 is still as strong, this is considering for less you can now get your hands on a HD 7970.
While the decision isn't as clear cut as it was a few weeks ago, where we would have picked the GTX 680 almost every time, the GTX 680 in the end is the faster overall video card and if that's what you want from your single GPU video card, then the GTX 680 is probably still going to be the video card you want to buy no matter AMD's announcement.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Razer announces a new customizable Xbox One controller for $150
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20