Standalone or in SLI, our thoughts on the new Palit JetStream GTX 680 4GB are the same. If you think that 2GB of memory on your GTX 680 isn't enough, then make the leap over to the 4GB version offering from Palit.
Of course compared to the reference design, it's not just the extra memory that comes in to play here. We've also got the awesome cooler that does wonders on the GPU and seems to give the video card a bit more breathing room when it comes to the Dynamic Overclocking side of things.
There's little to dislike about the Palit JetStream GTX 680 4GB offering and even less to dislike when you throw a second into the mix. If you're serious about your gaming and you're going to be looking at gaming in Surround Vision or just 2560 x 1600 with the AA and AF detail cranked right up, then the 4GB offering is going to be something you probably want.
Of course if you're interested in saving some pennies and you're impressed with what the 2GB offerings did, then the Palit JetStream GTX 680 2GB card is also a great option and comes out a little faster out of the box thanks to the pre-overclock on offer from it, something that Palit skipped on the 4GB card.
With the recent announced price drops on the Radeon HD 7000 series by AMD, though, we find ourselves wondering if the GTX 680 is still as strong, this is considering for less you can now get your hands on a HD 7970.
While the decision isn't as clear cut as it was a few weeks ago, where we would have picked the GTX 680 almost every time, the GTX 680 in the end is the faster overall video card and if that's what you want from your single GPU video card, then the GTX 680 is probably still going to be the video card you want to buy no matter AMD's announcement.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- iOS 9 now has Tweetbot 4 support on iPad and iPhone
- Helpful Chrome extension lets you play GIFs in Google Search
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog