- Cold Cathode
Every company who produces case modding products have a cold cathode product of some form, being the most popular product due to its brightness, size and price. Anyone interested in case modding will find themselves purchasing one sooner or later. Before people start thinking "well I will just go get any light, they all look the same", it is worth taking note that there is a big difference in cold cathodes.
Firstly the build quality but the most noticeable being the amount of light each emits. To date my favorite cold cathodes have been from Sunbeam due to its excellent build quality and high brightness. As soon as I plugged in the Flexiglow Cold Cathode, I thought this was all about to change. The amount of light these cold cathodes emit is huge, while some people may say the borderline of being too bright; others will say they are on borderline of being the most kick ass cold cathodes on the market.
Flexiglow were kind enough to send us one of each colour to look at and instantly I noticed a trend in just how bright these cold cathodes are. Unfortunately while pulling one out of the well protected boxes, the cold cathode split into two parts. One part was the outside casing and the end cube, the other part the actual cold cathode itself and the other cube with all the wires, etc on it. While I noticed no problems with the other cold cathodes or the bubble lights, I was slightly disappointed to find the broken light, as many of you would if you paid good money buying one.
The most noticeable feature on the Flexiglow Cold Cathode kits are defiantly their brightness, which looks to be one of the brightest on the market. Some people may find that these kits are just a little too bright and prefer to purchase something that is dimmer, in the end it all comes down to individual preference. The build quality, like the Bubble Lights, is excellent just like the other cold cathodes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- GGG April 2003 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 2 [Flexiglow]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 3 [Flexiglow Continued]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 4 [More Flexiglow]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 5 [PC Case Gear]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 6 [PC Case Gear Continued]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 7 [More PC Case Gear]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 8 [Anyware Computer Accessories]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 9 [Anyware Computer Accessories Continued]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 10 [Quiet PC]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Tesoro teases new IR key switches for Computex
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards