Flexiglow are a company that we have seen around for a little while though unfortunately we had never received the opportunity to look at any of their products, until now. Recently they were kind enough to send us over three of their more recent products to look at and we thought it would be an excellent way to start our very first GGG Guide. For more information on Flexiglow products their website can be seen here.
- Cold Cathode Bubble Light
Case modding is defiantly one of those parts in the computer world which is growing quicker then people ever expected. Like most people probably know, case modding started back in the day with installing more fans to help push more air through your case; this of course resulted in cutting your case which in other words was modding.
The first item we are looking at this month is the Bubble Light released by Flexiglow recently. The bubble light kit consists of two smaller cold cathodes, instructions, on/off/flash switch and an inverter which is everything you need to get it installed into your case and start seeing some new lighting. Installation is an absolute breeze and nobody should have a problem installing them, unfortunately the first thing you notice about them is how they are nowhere near as bright as your normal cold cathode. This instantly gives the feeling that they are designed for people to see and not emit a huge amount of light.
Flexiglow are trying to push to have light externally attached to your case and you should find with a simple drill hole you shouldn't have any troubles mounting it to the top, front or side - even at the rear of the case if you wanted to light up the back.
The quality of the kits is excellent and being available in four different colors, you shouldn't have a problem finding one to suit your cases colour scheme. The colours available are:
Blue - This is defiantly the brightest out of the group and since a lot of people choose to go for a Blue colour scheme this one may be on to of the to buy list.
Green - Another very bright light that looks fantastic.
Red - Not as bright as the other two it would defiantly be one that you may want to make visible straight through a window or externally on the case. Being a big fan of red it defiantly looks the best, plus when installed I think it made my computer faster...;)
Orange - Definitely the dull one of the group, emitting the least amount of light, it's defiantly at the bottom. All three other colours give off a very vibrant look which the orange cannot seem to do.
Overall the kit is fantastic and if you are looking for something to stick on the outside of your case, this may be exactly what you're after. Like most case modding products it adds a bunch of new wires you have to hide but it's now expected when it comes to purchasing lights.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- GGG April 2003 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 2 [Flexiglow]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 3 [Flexiglow Continued]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 4 [More Flexiglow]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 5 [PC Case Gear]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 6 [PC Case Gear Continued]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 7 [More PC Case Gear]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 8 [Anyware Computer Accessories]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 9 [Anyware Computer Accessories Continued]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 10 [Quiet PC]
- GGG April 2003 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- New writers board 'Gran Turismo' feature film
- 'Lethal Weapon' series reloads for TV
- AMD's dual Fiji chip spotted as Radeon R9 Gemini, is this the Fury X2?
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Project Core XD
- ASROCK FM2A88X-ITX+ No video first boot
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog