We first got the chance to check out the latest in Lucid technology a couple of weeks back at a motherboard manufacturers HQ. For a lot of us Lucid is a bit of a dirty word that reminds us of this almost useless kind of technology that let us combine NVIDIA and AMD video cards together for added performance.
It never really kicked off for the most part and we haven't heard heaps about them for a little bit. Lucid Virtu MVP, though, is the latest technology from the company and it's something we're starting to see motherboard manufacturers promote. Today we're going to check out what it's about while also see what it does on the performance side of things.
Because there's no real formula to what we're doing today the first thing we're going to do is take a look at the motherboard we're going to be using in the article today. In this case it's the ASRock Z77 Extreme6 which we'll look at in full detail a little later on.
Once we've done that we'll then take the time to check out the new Lucid Virtu MVP software and cover the main technology we're looking at today; HyperFormance. Once we've done that we'll quickly go over our test machine before we have a look at a smaller line up of games to see what HyperFormance can bring to the table.
There's not much more that really needs to be said, I think we're pretty safe to take a quick look at the ASRock Z77 Extreme6 before we move on. So, let's get into it and see just what Lucid and ASRock is bringing to the table today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Motherboard]
- Page 3 [Lucid Virtu MVP Quick Overview]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ARCHOS unveils its Diamond Tab 4G/LTE tablet
- Impressive! 1 billion people used Facebook in just one day
- Valve is bundling Rocket League with the Steam Controller
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20