LSI's Nytro MegaRAID Application Acceleration Cards provides simple and cost-effective acceleration of SAS-connected DAS storage by combining the proven RAID performance and data protection capabilities of LSI MegaRAID controllers with on-board flash and intelligent caching software. Nytro MegaRAID cards seamlessly move data between integrated flash storage and hard drives to deliver a blend of high-performance and high-capacity storage without requiring expensive software tuning or rewrites.
For data that is closer to the host LSI has released Nytro MegaRAID. We first saw this product in 2011 at the LSI AIS event. At the time LSI did not have a public name for the solution so we dubbed it WarpCache. I think Nytro MegaRAID was a better choice.
With Nytro MegaRAID we get the best from both traditional LSI MegaRAID and SandForce's intelligent flash processors. Nytro MegaRAID is designed to accelerate storage arrays close to the host, most often found in DAS or direct storage.
LSI claims Nytro MegaRAID will have a 10x increase in transaction per second over an enterprise mechanical HDD.
The fusion of technology is impressive and as you can see here Nytro MegaRAID looks like it could have been made in Photoshop by splicing a MegaRAID controller with the flash section of a WarpDrive. We've already seen one of these products and can say that wasn't the case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [LSI Nytro Architecture Overview]
- Page 3 [Dividing the Pie, or in this Case the Triangle]
- Page 4 [Nytro WarpDrive]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege patch 2.0 breaks the game, fixes little
- Bethesda forced someone to destroy vinyl records to get their refund
- Explore ancient virus' with the Internet Archives malware museum
- SEGA is listening to the Dreamcast 2 pitch, seems receptive
- Assassin's Creed Identity is a bite sized parkour playland
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform