LSI's Nytro MegaRAID Application Acceleration Cards provides simple and cost-effective acceleration of SAS-connected DAS storage by combining the proven RAID performance and data protection capabilities of LSI MegaRAID controllers with on-board flash and intelligent caching software. Nytro MegaRAID cards seamlessly move data between integrated flash storage and hard drives to deliver a blend of high-performance and high-capacity storage without requiring expensive software tuning or rewrites.
For data that is closer to the host LSI has released Nytro MegaRAID. We first saw this product in 2011 at the LSI AIS event. At the time LSI did not have a public name for the solution so we dubbed it WarpCache. I think Nytro MegaRAID was a better choice.
With Nytro MegaRAID we get the best from both traditional LSI MegaRAID and SandForce's intelligent flash processors. Nytro MegaRAID is designed to accelerate storage arrays close to the host, most often found in DAS or direct storage.
LSI claims Nytro MegaRAID will have a 10x increase in transaction per second over an enterprise mechanical HDD.
The fusion of technology is impressive and as you can see here Nytro MegaRAID looks like it could have been made in Photoshop by splicing a MegaRAID controller with the flash section of a WarpDrive. We've already seen one of these products and can say that wasn't the case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [LSI Nytro Architecture Overview]
- Page 3 [Dividing the Pie, or in this Case the Triangle]
- Page 4 [Nytro WarpDrive]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lenovo confirms smaller battery for the Moto Z2 Play
- First images of Nokia's upcoming flagship leak
- Rare Apple-1 computer from 1976 auctioned for $130,000
- Facebook rolling out 'Order Food' option
- 27-year-old gamer without eyes still plays games
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Custom Storage Unit
- Z170-WS, 3002 bios, and SLI not working. Anyone else experience this?
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning