LSI's Nytro MegaRAID Application Acceleration Cards provides simple and cost-effective acceleration of SAS-connected DAS storage by combining the proven RAID performance and data protection capabilities of LSI MegaRAID controllers with on-board flash and intelligent caching software. Nytro MegaRAID cards seamlessly move data between integrated flash storage and hard drives to deliver a blend of high-performance and high-capacity storage without requiring expensive software tuning or rewrites.
For data that is closer to the host LSI has released Nytro MegaRAID. We first saw this product in 2011 at the LSI AIS event. At the time LSI did not have a public name for the solution so we dubbed it WarpCache. I think Nytro MegaRAID was a better choice.
With Nytro MegaRAID we get the best from both traditional LSI MegaRAID and SandForce's intelligent flash processors. Nytro MegaRAID is designed to accelerate storage arrays close to the host, most often found in DAS or direct storage.
LSI claims Nytro MegaRAID will have a 10x increase in transaction per second over an enterprise mechanical HDD.
The fusion of technology is impressive and as you can see here Nytro MegaRAID looks like it could have been made in Photoshop by splicing a MegaRAID controller with the flash section of a WarpDrive. We've already seen one of these products and can say that wasn't the case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [LSI Nytro Architecture Overview]
- Page 3 [Dividing the Pie, or in this Case the Triangle]
- Page 4 [Nytro WarpDrive]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Last Guardian pre-order numbers have surprised Sony
- ESA gets $425 million extra to complete ExoMars mission
- Pokémon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Interview with Dov Moran, inventor of the USB stick
- Xbox One defeats PS4 in online Black Friday sales
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand