When we looked at the new Palit JetStream GTX 680 we found ourselves really impressed with what Palit had done with the new GTX 680 card. The best thing for Palit is that NVIDIA have already given them an awesome base to work off.
Palit has then taken that base GPU, worked around it and created an awesome video card as we mentioned in our original review. If you've got some money to spend, though, you can move to the SLI setup which helps take performance to another level.
I think the most interesting thing is that we again see NVIDIA struggle at the highest resolution. Not struggle in the sense of not offering us playable numbers, but in the compared to AMD sense. Talking to people most feel it's because NVIDIA has opted for only a 256-bit memory bus verse AMDs HD 7970 which is sitting on a 384-bit bus.
Combine the wider bus with the fact that AMD have also opted for 3GB of GDDR5 over the 2GB NVIDIA has opted for and you can see why the performance between the two models and setups are similar. It will be interesting to see if Palit and others launch newer GTX 680 models in the future with more RAM.
The GTX 680 SLI setup is a really attractive one, especially in the form of the Palit version. While we don't have official pricing on the card yet, this custom cooled, pre-overclocked setup should come in cheaper than reference clocked HD 7970s which is really appealing.
Outside of the performance, though, something else that is really appealing is the noise levels on the setup which are extremely low. We're seeing some awesome noise levels on the latest generation of GPUs from NVIDIA and AMD, but the amount of power we're seeing here out of this setup and the noise levels present are really quite amazing.
If you're interested in dropping four figures down on a VGA setup, the GTX 680 SLI setup should be sitting towards the top of your list; and for good reason. Palit offer us a really great setup up here in the form of the SLI JetStream GTX 680 configuration. The one thing you need to remember is that these are two and a half slot cards, so you'll want a motherboard that has two slots between the SLI setup and any more than two cards is going to be impossible for the most part.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda runs on GTX 745, has FOV slider
- 'La La Land', 'Arrival' lead Oscar nominations
- Xbox boss 'really happy' on Project Scorpio's progress
- First footage of Nintendo Switch's touchscreen in action
- Faraday Future receives only 60 deposits for the FF 91
- Asrock B150M-HDS problem
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017