Power Draw Tests
On the power draw side of things we see the IVB CPUs do jump up a bit as you'd expect. Overall, though, the load numbers look pretty good with the IVB setups coming in 50w below the 2600k.
Heat is something we've heard isn't great on the IVB CPUs at the moment and dammmmmm does the 3770k get warm. We actually got it to hit 105c at some points and throttle down. The most important thing to remember, though, is we're still dealing with early versions of the CPUs.
Like we've mentioned before, we're still about five weeks away from these CPUs hitting retail and things may be improved. As for the 3570k, that doesn't look nearly as bad lining up with the 2600k in the heat department.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7 and HyperPi]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - AIDA64]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PassMark PerformanceTest]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH, Adobe Lightroom and MediaEspresso]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11 and Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 8 [Power and Temperature Tests]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi to release their own processor - Pinecone
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 images leak ahead of launch at MWC
- Qualcomm leads 5G tech race, multi-Gbps speeds are close
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon X20 LTE modem, up to 1.2Gbps
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700X spotted in detail
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league