Power Draw Tests
On the power draw side of things we see the IVB CPUs do jump up a bit as you'd expect. Overall, though, the load numbers look pretty good with the IVB setups coming in 50w below the 2600k.
Heat is something we've heard isn't great on the IVB CPUs at the moment and dammmmmm does the 3770k get warm. We actually got it to hit 105c at some points and throttle down. The most important thing to remember, though, is we're still dealing with early versions of the CPUs.
Like we've mentioned before, we're still about five weeks away from these CPUs hitting retail and things may be improved. As for the 3570k, that doesn't look nearly as bad lining up with the 2600k in the heat department.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7 and HyperPi]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - AIDA64]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PassMark PerformanceTest]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH, Adobe Lightroom and MediaEspresso]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11 and Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 8 [Power and Temperature Tests]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- id Software: our next-gen engine has full Ryzen support
- Xiaomi could launch in the US in two years
- ZTE launches Blade MAX 3: Available in the US for $200
- Kingdom Hearts 3 may release in 2019
- Google Pixel 2 devices to feature Snapdragon 835
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family