Editor Note: Intel or GIGABYTE did not sanction this preview in any way. We are posting this well ahead of launch since some other well-known tech sites have already covered Ivy Bridge performance and the CPU is readily available and for sale right now.
The Ivy Bridge launch has got off to a bit of a shaky start with the dates changing a lot over the last few weeks. If you really start to dig around, though, you'll probably find yourself quickly discovering that the whole Ivy Bridge platform seems to be fairly ready.
We've been seeing a fair bit of testing on the new crop of Ivy Bridge CPUs, more specifically the i7 3770k chip which at launch is going to be similar to the i7 2600k. Today we're looking at the Core i5 based 3570k which falls in line with the i5 2500k from the Sandy Bridge platform. There is a good chance you haven't seen any performance numbers on this 3570K chip until today.
Outside of all the CPUs being shown we've been seeing motherboards previewed and tested for weeks now. It really leaves us wondering why we are not seeing Ivy Bridge shown off in all its glory.
It seems to be due to stock more than anything else. While there's plenty of stock to hit the retail channel, the system integrated (SI) channel can't be as heavily populated. With the SI segment being huge for Intel it's important to keep all those guys happy and that's coming at the cost of the official Ivy Bridge launch being pushed back.
With the official launch of Ivy Bridge still being a little over a month away we don't want offer the i5 3570k as a normal full review because we could see a little change from a motherboard point of view over the coming month. We doubt it, but it's possible, so for that reason we're keeping this as a preview.
The only difference between this preview, though, and the launch review will be slightly less information in form of the technical side of things and no official score. We'll leave that for next month.
Further Reading: Read and find more CPUs, Chipsets & SoCs content at our CPUs, Chipsets & SoCs reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Not a Rubix Cube - much cooler. Waterproof linux-powered cube PC
- Win a trip to Computex 2015 from GIGABYTE by overclocking your PC
- Apple teases media event for March 9, could we meet the Apple Watch?
- Bumblebee is that you? Hardware Extreme's black and yellow project
- Samsung provides YouTube stream for its Galaxy S6 launch event
- HIS Multi-View HDOCKP USB 3.0 Portable Docking Station Review
- Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Review
- need new mother board
- how can i use new power supply for that mother boread asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
- Question regarding adding new SSD to Z97 motherboard
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse