The first thing I want to say is that this is a good driver and you should run out and install it as soon as possible. It doesn't even matter if you're on a HD 7000 series card or older HD 6000 series one, you can see performance improvements under both scenarios.
With that said, the same gains aren't being seen on the HD 6000 series and that's not a surprise as AMD are of course going to shift their focus over to the new HD 7000 series. For that reason you'll see us start to transition out of the HD 6000 series testing in the coming Catalyst tests and replace them with new HD 7000 series cards.
With that out the way, though, I still find myself so disappointed with AMD. Not only is the 12.2 driver over a week late, it's ruined the awesome driver hot streak that AMD was on and it gets detected as the 12.3 driver under GPUz. We're not sure if that's a GPUz issue or this is literally the 12.3 driver that is going to come out later this month.
Either way it's really disappointing and it feels like there's some cracks beginning to appear in the AMD driver team - a team that has been strong for years and such an important one for AMD. No matter what you said, you could always say that like clockwork AMD will release a WHQL driver that will fix current issues every month.
Well finally it's no longer like clockwork. Maybe AMD will hit every other driver release this month in that month, but at the end of the year, instead of doing it for eight years it would be for 10 months.
I know that AMD would also say that the pre-certified driver is exactly the same as what we're seeing today except the fact that it doesn't have the Windows logo. Well, that's not really the point, is it? This is a great driver none the less and again you should be installing it no matter what AMD Radeon video card you're on. For me, though, it's the February 2012 driver that didn't come out till March.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Release Note Highlights]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blade and Soul getting new content after reaching 2 million players
- Buy Quantum Break get Alan Wake for free, because you always wanted it
- ViaSat teams with Boeing for 1Tbps satellites, launches in 2019
- In 8 hours, Windows 10 sends data to Microsoft IP addresses 5500 times
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance