The first thing I want to say is that this is a good driver and you should run out and install it as soon as possible. It doesn't even matter if you're on a HD 7000 series card or older HD 6000 series one, you can see performance improvements under both scenarios.
With that said, the same gains aren't being seen on the HD 6000 series and that's not a surprise as AMD are of course going to shift their focus over to the new HD 7000 series. For that reason you'll see us start to transition out of the HD 6000 series testing in the coming Catalyst tests and replace them with new HD 7000 series cards.
With that out the way, though, I still find myself so disappointed with AMD. Not only is the 12.2 driver over a week late, it's ruined the awesome driver hot streak that AMD was on and it gets detected as the 12.3 driver under GPUz. We're not sure if that's a GPUz issue or this is literally the 12.3 driver that is going to come out later this month.
Either way it's really disappointing and it feels like there's some cracks beginning to appear in the AMD driver team - a team that has been strong for years and such an important one for AMD. No matter what you said, you could always say that like clockwork AMD will release a WHQL driver that will fix current issues every month.
Well finally it's no longer like clockwork. Maybe AMD will hit every other driver release this month in that month, but at the end of the year, instead of doing it for eight years it would be for 10 months.
I know that AMD would also say that the pre-certified driver is exactly the same as what we're seeing today except the fact that it doesn't have the Windows logo. Well, that's not really the point, is it? This is a great driver none the less and again you should be installing it no matter what AMD Radeon video card you're on. For me, though, it's the February 2012 driver that didn't come out till March.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Release Note Highlights]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 6S Marketing hopes Apple names new phone the iPhone 7, not iPhone 6s
- Pandora announces Listener Love Day on Sept. 9, a day of ad-free music
- Xbox manager: 2015 shaping up to be best year of gaming since 2007
- Entrepreneur voices concerns robots could have on human workforce
- Simplify World Travel With the Twist Plus+ World Charging Station
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 support Intel SSD 750 Series
- Saberthooth 990FX gpu passtrough
- asrock x99 extreme 4 extra pins
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015