The Motherboard Continued
Moving to the top of the motherboard, we've got very little going on here with our main 24-Pin ATX power connector being present alongside three CPU headers. The only other noteworthy stand-out is our DIMM slots; we'll look at them closer in just a moment.
Moving around towards the very top of the board you can see our main 24-Pin CPU power connector along with another fan header. We also get a good look at the heatsink here and can see the heatpipe coming out of it.
Moving back a bit, we can see our four DIMM slots which support up to 32GB of DDR3 at 2400MHz DDR via overclocking. Just like our other X79 motherboards, we've got a really clean setup present here around the CPU area with no real shocks.
Getting into the I/O side of things, it's pretty full on here with the far left offering us a clear CMOS button, PS/2 combo port and two USB 2.0 ports. We've then got three more USB 2.0 ports, two eSATA 6GB/s ports along with a Bluetooth Dongle and WiFi Dongle.
Moving across again, we've got four USB 3.0 ports via the Texas Instruments TUSB7340 controller, two Gigabit LAN ports from the Realtek 8111E controller and five auxiliary plugs alongside an optical out controlled via the Realtek ALC892 codec.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Next iPhone might not be that spectacular after all...
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD