The Motherboard Continued
Moving to the top of the motherboard, we've got very little going on here with our main 24-Pin ATX power connector being present alongside three CPU headers. The only other noteworthy stand-out is our DIMM slots; we'll look at them closer in just a moment.
Moving around towards the very top of the board you can see our main 24-Pin CPU power connector along with another fan header. We also get a good look at the heatsink here and can see the heatpipe coming out of it.
Moving back a bit, we can see our four DIMM slots which support up to 32GB of DDR3 at 2400MHz DDR via overclocking. Just like our other X79 motherboards, we've got a really clean setup present here around the CPU area with no real shocks.
Getting into the I/O side of things, it's pretty full on here with the far left offering us a clear CMOS button, PS/2 combo port and two USB 2.0 ports. We've then got three more USB 2.0 ports, two eSATA 6GB/s ports along with a Bluetooth Dongle and WiFi Dongle.
Moving across again, we've got four USB 3.0 ports via the Texas Instruments TUSB7340 controller, two Gigabit LAN ports from the Realtek 8111E controller and five auxiliary plugs alongside an optical out controlled via the Realtek ALC892 codec.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Star Citizen's social module launches alongside v1.2 patch
- Razer launches new Nabu smartband wearable during PAX Prime
- Xbox One Mini isn't real, says Phil Spencer
- Marvel Studios founder to bring Borderlands to the big screen
- ASUS starts teasing the ROG MATRIX video cards are on their way
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20