Don't waste your time with them, honestly! You know that when AMD release the following months driver, the Catalyst 12.1 in a preview, they don't really want you to worry about the official new one. We know this, because this isn't the first time they've done it. The 11.12 driver is actually worse than the 11.11c driver that has more fixes in it.
The issue is that AMD have almost come to a point where they are just doing WHQL drivers monthly, simply because they said they would. It's great that they do it, but the issue is that the revisions of the WHQL that aren't WHQL end up being the better option and they can come literally days after the official one.
With it seeming pretty set that we're going to see the new HD 7000 series card in January, I can honestly understand why not much is going on with the last few sets of drivers. For that reason, though, they should just concentrate on releasing up to date drivers that fix stuff, more so than worrying about these WHQL drivers.
I really like AMD, I've made that clear so many times. The direction they take in some areas, though, confuses me. We're seeing more and more people ask why they're bothering with WHQL drivers when they release an improved BETA days later. Who knows? Ultimately, it doesn't really matter.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Release Note Highlights]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni