Don't waste your time with them, honestly! You know that when AMD release the following months driver, the Catalyst 12.1 in a preview, they don't really want you to worry about the official new one. We know this, because this isn't the first time they've done it. The 11.12 driver is actually worse than the 11.11c driver that has more fixes in it.
The issue is that AMD have almost come to a point where they are just doing WHQL drivers monthly, simply because they said they would. It's great that they do it, but the issue is that the revisions of the WHQL that aren't WHQL end up being the better option and they can come literally days after the official one.
With it seeming pretty set that we're going to see the new HD 7000 series card in January, I can honestly understand why not much is going on with the last few sets of drivers. For that reason, though, they should just concentrate on releasing up to date drivers that fix stuff, more so than worrying about these WHQL drivers.
I really like AMD, I've made that clear so many times. The direction they take in some areas, though, confuses me. We're seeing more and more people ask why they're bothering with WHQL drivers when they release an improved BETA days later. Who knows? Ultimately, it doesn't really matter.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Release Note Highlights]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Right of Reply
We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Further Reading: Read and find more Software content at our Software reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Social media being used to help identify Islamic extremism
- Barnes & Noble is keeping the NOOK Media digital business, for now
- NPD: Mobile gaming grew 20 percent in 2014, creating opportunities
- Intel to reclassify Atom processors with Atom x3, Atom x5 and Atom x7
- LG's unveils Watch Urbane LTE, lets you make calls from your wrist
- USB Devices go unrecognized AM3+ Extreme 3 990fx
- Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
- GALAX GeForce GTX 960 EXOC Video Card Review
- Intermittent hardware problem: CLR CMOS - Dr. Debug 67
- HIS Multi-View HDOCKP USB 3.0 Portable Docking Station Review
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse