Don't waste your time with them, honestly! You know that when AMD release the following months driver, the Catalyst 12.1 in a preview, they don't really want you to worry about the official new one. We know this, because this isn't the first time they've done it. The 11.12 driver is actually worse than the 11.11c driver that has more fixes in it.
The issue is that AMD have almost come to a point where they are just doing WHQL drivers monthly, simply because they said they would. It's great that they do it, but the issue is that the revisions of the WHQL that aren't WHQL end up being the better option and they can come literally days after the official one.
With it seeming pretty set that we're going to see the new HD 7000 series card in January, I can honestly understand why not much is going on with the last few sets of drivers. For that reason, though, they should just concentrate on releasing up to date drivers that fix stuff, more so than worrying about these WHQL drivers.
I really like AMD, I've made that clear so many times. The direction they take in some areas, though, confuses me. We're seeing more and more people ask why they're bothering with WHQL drivers when they release an improved BETA days later. Who knows? Ultimately, it doesn't really matter.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Release Note Highlights]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Top Memorial Day laptop deals with 7th Gen Kaby Lake
- New Dragon Age game could be big-budget, not RTS spinoff
- LeEco's crash in the US leaves hundreds unemployed
- Tekken 7 PC requirements revealed
- Huawei announces another low-end phone - the Y6 2017
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017