Looking at the P9X79 Pro and Deluxe, one could argue that there's no real difference between the two boards. The biggest change is the 16+2+2+2 VRM setup on the Deluxe over the 8+2+2+2 setup on the Pro. The higher amount of power phases means that overclocking ability should be a little better on the Deluxe version.
The other big difference is the fact that Triple card SLI / CrossFireX is an option on the Deluxe board, making it that little bit more enthusiast orientated. It's really that option before you step into the Sabertooth / ROG line from ASUS.
As for the other differences, well, they could be seen. The Deluxe carried with it another Gigabit networking port along with two extra USB 3.0 ports. Along with that, the new BT 3.0 GO is on offer; we can't show that today, but if you thought the Deluxe missed out on Bluetooth as it had no header, we do have one!
Two other big features that bring themselves to the X79 line-up as well is the USB BIOS Flashback feature. This is an awesome little feature that allows you to flash the BIOS of a motherboard with literally nothing in the system. While you might wonder what's so good about that, It's particularly handy if you get a motherboard and a brand new CPU that wasn't supported on the shipping BIOS. With the aid of a USB drive you can get to the latest BIOS without the need of getting an older compatible CPU.
The other big feature is USB 3.0 Boost. We don't know a lot about this, but the box shows a performance increase of up to "170%". Since USB 3.0 is something we test, we're really interested in seeing the kind of performance that comes out of this setup.
For now, we can't say much more. Instead we have to wait a little longer before we can check out the real fun stuff; performance. So let's leave it at that and if you haven't checked it out, make sure you have a peek at the brand new Rampage IV Extreme that we've been able to sneak a look at as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and P9X79 Pro Package]
- Page 2 [ASUS P9X79 Pro - The Board]
- Page 3 [ASUS P9X79 Pro - The Board Continued]
- Page 4 [P9X79 Deluxe Package]
- Page 5 [ASUS P9X79 Deluxe - The Board]
- Page 6 [ASUS P9X79 Deluxe - The Board Continued]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA announces conference on discovery beyond our System
- Samsung teases Exynos 9; it could power the Galaxy S8
- Spectacles are finally available for online purchase
- Moto G5 and G5 Plus specs leak ahead of the launch
- HTC's new One X10 teased, a new budget 5.5-inch phone
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league