Looking at the P9X79 Pro and Deluxe, one could argue that there's no real difference between the two boards. The biggest change is the 16+2+2+2 VRM setup on the Deluxe over the 8+2+2+2 setup on the Pro. The higher amount of power phases means that overclocking ability should be a little better on the Deluxe version.
The other big difference is the fact that Triple card SLI / CrossFireX is an option on the Deluxe board, making it that little bit more enthusiast orientated. It's really that option before you step into the Sabertooth / ROG line from ASUS.
As for the other differences, well, they could be seen. The Deluxe carried with it another Gigabit networking port along with two extra USB 3.0 ports. Along with that, the new BT 3.0 GO is on offer; we can't show that today, but if you thought the Deluxe missed out on Bluetooth as it had no header, we do have one!
Two other big features that bring themselves to the X79 line-up as well is the USB BIOS Flashback feature. This is an awesome little feature that allows you to flash the BIOS of a motherboard with literally nothing in the system. While you might wonder what's so good about that, It's particularly handy if you get a motherboard and a brand new CPU that wasn't supported on the shipping BIOS. With the aid of a USB drive you can get to the latest BIOS without the need of getting an older compatible CPU.
The other big feature is USB 3.0 Boost. We don't know a lot about this, but the box shows a performance increase of up to "170%". Since USB 3.0 is something we test, we're really interested in seeing the kind of performance that comes out of this setup.
For now, we can't say much more. Instead we have to wait a little longer before we can check out the real fun stuff; performance. So let's leave it at that and if you haven't checked it out, make sure you have a peek at the brand new Rampage IV Extreme that we've been able to sneak a look at as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and P9X79 Pro Package]
- Page 2 [ASUS P9X79 Pro - The Board]
- Page 3 [ASUS P9X79 Pro - The Board Continued]
- Page 4 [P9X79 Deluxe Package]
- Page 5 [ASUS P9X79 Deluxe - The Board]
- Page 6 [ASUS P9X79 Deluxe - The Board Continued]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Next iPhone might not be that spectacular after all...
- Samsung confirms Black Pearl; comes with more storage
- Pewdiepie to delete his channel later today
- NASA joins Giphy with almost 500 awesome GIFs
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD