Looking at the P9X79 Pro and Deluxe, one could argue that there's no real difference between the two boards. The biggest change is the 16+2+2+2 VRM setup on the Deluxe over the 8+2+2+2 setup on the Pro. The higher amount of power phases means that overclocking ability should be a little better on the Deluxe version.
The other big difference is the fact that Triple card SLI / CrossFireX is an option on the Deluxe board, making it that little bit more enthusiast orientated. It's really that option before you step into the Sabertooth / ROG line from ASUS.
As for the other differences, well, they could be seen. The Deluxe carried with it another Gigabit networking port along with two extra USB 3.0 ports. Along with that, the new BT 3.0 GO is on offer; we can't show that today, but if you thought the Deluxe missed out on Bluetooth as it had no header, we do have one!
Two other big features that bring themselves to the X79 line-up as well is the USB BIOS Flashback feature. This is an awesome little feature that allows you to flash the BIOS of a motherboard with literally nothing in the system. While you might wonder what's so good about that, It's particularly handy if you get a motherboard and a brand new CPU that wasn't supported on the shipping BIOS. With the aid of a USB drive you can get to the latest BIOS without the need of getting an older compatible CPU.
The other big feature is USB 3.0 Boost. We don't know a lot about this, but the box shows a performance increase of up to "170%". Since USB 3.0 is something we test, we're really interested in seeing the kind of performance that comes out of this setup.
For now, we can't say much more. Instead we have to wait a little longer before we can check out the real fun stuff; performance. So let's leave it at that and if you haven't checked it out, make sure you have a peek at the brand new Rampage IV Extreme that we've been able to sneak a look at as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and P9X79 Pro Package]
- Page 2 [ASUS P9X79 Pro - The Board]
- Page 3 [ASUS P9X79 Pro - The Board Continued]
- Page 4 [P9X79 Deluxe Package]
- Page 5 [ASUS P9X79 Deluxe - The Board]
- Page 6 [ASUS P9X79 Deluxe - The Board Continued]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives