ASUS P9X79 Pro - The Board Continued
Moving to the top of the board, we can see we've got a USB 3.0 header on the left followed by a fan header, 24-Pin ATX power connector and another fan header. Above this we've got four DIMM slots which we'll look at closer in just a moment.
Moving in a bit more, we get a better look at what's going on with the RAM slots here. We've got a total of eight slots supporting DDR3 memory. As for the amount and speed, we unfortunately can't go into that at the moment; more will become clear soon enough, though.
Also around this area, you can see we've got our 8-Pin CPU power connector at the top of the board and the CPU area itself which looks pretty clean. We can also see a couple of ASUS heatsinks with the "Digital" power aspect being promoted on them.
Finally moving to the I/O side of things, we've got four USB 2.0 ports on the left and a clear CMOS button. Next to that we've got two USB 3.0 ports running off the ASMedia controller and above that a Gigabit networking port that runs off the Intel 82579V controller.
Continuing to move over, we've got an optical out, two SATA 6G eSATA ports running off the ASMedia 1061 controller, two more USB 3.0 ports, two more USB 2.0 ports along with a Bluetooth module and six auxiliary ports which run off the Realtek ALC-892 controller that also takes care of the optical port.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and P9X79 Pro Package]
- Page 2 [ASUS P9X79 Pro - The Board]
- Page 3 [ASUS P9X79 Pro - The Board Continued]
- Page 4 [P9X79 Deluxe Package]
- Page 5 [ASUS P9X79 Deluxe - The Board]
- Page 6 [ASUS P9X79 Deluxe - The Board Continued]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Respawn: Microsoft forced Titanfall as Xbox exclusive
- Our 'Kingsglaive' Blu-ray giveaway is no 'Final Fantasy'
- Valve planning Steam home page visual revamp, and more
- Yahoo admits 500 million accounts hacked in 2014
- Xbox Scorpio announced early to not piss gamers off
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now