ASUS P9X79 Pro - The Board Continued
Moving to the top of the board, we can see we've got a USB 3.0 header on the left followed by a fan header, 24-Pin ATX power connector and another fan header. Above this we've got four DIMM slots which we'll look at closer in just a moment.
Moving in a bit more, we get a better look at what's going on with the RAM slots here. We've got a total of eight slots supporting DDR3 memory. As for the amount and speed, we unfortunately can't go into that at the moment; more will become clear soon enough, though.
Also around this area, you can see we've got our 8-Pin CPU power connector at the top of the board and the CPU area itself which looks pretty clean. We can also see a couple of ASUS heatsinks with the "Digital" power aspect being promoted on them.
Finally moving to the I/O side of things, we've got four USB 2.0 ports on the left and a clear CMOS button. Next to that we've got two USB 3.0 ports running off the ASMedia controller and above that a Gigabit networking port that runs off the Intel 82579V controller.
Continuing to move over, we've got an optical out, two SATA 6G eSATA ports running off the ASMedia 1061 controller, two more USB 3.0 ports, two more USB 2.0 ports along with a Bluetooth module and six auxiliary ports which run off the Realtek ALC-892 controller that also takes care of the optical port.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and P9X79 Pro Package]
- Page 2 [ASUS P9X79 Pro - The Board]
- Page 3 [ASUS P9X79 Pro - The Board Continued]
- Page 4 [P9X79 Deluxe Package]
- Page 5 [ASUS P9X79 Deluxe - The Board]
- Page 6 [ASUS P9X79 Deluxe - The Board Continued]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rockstar gets into the Halloween spirit with GTA Online
- Nintendo Switch handheld delivers console-quality gaming
- Microsoft drop Shocktober sale a week before Halloween
- Nintendo Switch to have wide array of hardware add-ons
- Heavy Rain and Detroit developer experimenting with VR
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications