For every overclock, you also need good cooling. The stock cooling Intel provides definitely is good, but not that good.
First thing on our list was the HSF. We decided to pick up the Thermalright AX-478 which has been performing quite well according to many reviews online. It's an aluminum based heatsink which has quite a big surface area. We used Artic Silver 3 instead of the paste Thermalright included with their package.
How about our cooling fans? Exoticpc.com provided us with three fans - one CPU fan, and two case fans. Here is a snapshot.
Starting from the left, we have the Vantec Tornado 80mm fan. This bad boy is quite powerful pushing around 85 CFM. But that kind of airflow comes with a consequence. It produces 55DB of noise. Talk about losing your ears. We decided to use this for our CPU fan, coupling it with the AX-478, as pictured above.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- AMD's new Radeon RX 580 and RX 570 spotted
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design