Thermaltake Hardcano 8
I have had the opportunity to have a look at the Hardcano 8 before, and I must say that I wasn't very impressed with it. This time around I have had a much better look and I still find myself coming to the same conclusion, it's just not very good quality. The features list as follows:
- Adjust case fan manually
- Aluminum "U" type housing
- 4-channel VR adjustable knob
The Hardcano 8 and the Nexus are two of the most widespread Rheobus' on the market but with the formers lack of features, it really makes it an easy decision which one to buy when you come to spend your hard earned cash. The lack of LED's and inclusion of plastic knobs bring the build quality of this device right down. Another problem with the Hardcano 8 is that you need to give power to each device. As you can see in the picture, you have to plug in a power lead and the fan, so instead of five cords (like a standard Rheobus), you now end up with eight. It may be that this is how the Hardcano got the 8 at the end of its name.
At first glance the Hardcano 8 doesn't look too bad with a blue coloring that stands out quite well. Then again, thinking about it you realize that it will probably not suit your case very well by standing out too much and draw attention to the one spot. The addition of some LED's would have been quite nice, as they do add that little bit extra to your case. On top of all this is the fact that I broke two of the knobs by just simply turning them, didn't help me believe in this product. Metal knobs would have been enough to keep me happy as the plastic is cheap and, as I found out, breaks quite easily.
Once installed, it really doesn't give that nice professional finish off like the other Rheobus', so I would personally have trouble recommending this to anyone. Of course, this is the cheapest Rheobus out of the lot priced at around AU$35 and really does lead me to believe that you do get what you pay for. The build qualities of all the other ones are exceptional and it does make a big difference if you are going to use it a lot. Some people may only adjust once a week, others may find them self-adjusting it a few times a day.
The package is quite nice and follows the same theme as the other Hardcano series. Included are all the necessary items to install it into your case, but if you find that you break the knobs as easily as I did, you may not have much use for all the screws, etc. My final thoughts on the Hardcano 8 are the same as they where when I looked at it previously, it is honestly a waste of money and I would find it difficult to suggest this to anyone. Saying this, however, I do feel differently on the other Hardcano's such as the 6 and 7 models where I feel that they do what there supposed to very well. I personally feel that this unit was just not destined to be great with the corners Thermaltake cut when making it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Rheobus Round up - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Rheobus Round up - Page 2 [The Sunbeam Rheobus]
- Rheobus Round up - Page 3 [The FanStorm Fan Controller]
- Rheobus Round up - Page 4 [Vantec's Nexus Fan Controller]
- Rheobus Round up - Page 5 [Thermaltake Hardcano 8]
- Rheobus Round up - Page 6 [PC Case Gear's 3.5" Rheobus]
- Rheobus Round up - Page 7 [Run Down & Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance