All in all, we have some of the most superb case modding gear with us from Sunbeam; it wasn't that long ago when the only product Sunbeam had on their site consisted of some cold cathodes and EL wire. Since the last time we looked at their gear, all of the above items have been released and some more items have just gone into production - like their new Acrylic cases and wire loom. It wouldn't surprise me at all if there are a few more items from them in the next six months. Hopefully in the near future we are going to be looking at their new acrylic case, this teamed up with some wire loom and we might finally have a clean clear case.
It was good to see that Sunbeam did release the boxed inverter like they had mentioned to me in the past, also as I stated about the inclusion of retail packaging does give the company a much more professional look.
The Rheobus has come a long way from the early stage one that consisted of a more build it your self system, instead now you position it, screw it in and plug the necessary adapters into it. In no time you have complete control of your fans. The changing from blue to red when the voltage is too low is also defiantly a good sign of how the company is trying to protect its users.
Round cold cathodes are definitely a very new and original idea, making UV lights more useful as they now have something that reacts to it. The advantage that these fans hold over the LED ones is that because the cold cathode goes right around the fan it creates a lot brighter fan, there is also a switch that can be mounted to the rear of your case to turn the light on and off.
EL Wire has been around for a while, it doesn't seem like there have been many improvements made to it as there isn't a lot more you could do with it. It would be interesting to see if they release multi colored EL Wire, as this under your keyboard would look simply amazing. Unfortunately though, I'm not sure if this is possible.
There isn't much more I can say about the cold cathodes, they are still really bright and the inclusion of 4" and 8" units are excellent for people with mini cases or people who want to add lighting to their Shuttle barebone cases. There is still the large range of colors going from your single color ones to your dual and tri color ones, which all look fantastic.
Finally the sound sensitive module, even if you already have cold cathodes but want to add that bit extra to them go and buy this product. It really does add a whole new dimension to your case lighting with the ability to set them to flash. It's true to say we have nothing but the best gear here and what isn't new they have improved on. The only problem is finding where to buy these little goodies. Hopefully in the near future you will be able to purchase off the Sunbeam site or they will give a list of local resellers or wholesalers in your area.
Some truly unique products
Great workmanship on all the products
New retail packing
New length cold cathodes
Might be hard to get a hold of some products
Fans use sleeve bearings
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- SB Case Modding - Page 1 [Introduction]
- SB Case Modding - Page 2 [The Gear]
- SB Case Modding - Page 3 [The Gear Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda runs on GTX 745, has FOV slider
- 'La La Land', 'Arrival' lead Oscar nominations
- Xbox boss 'really happy' on Project Scorpio's progress
- First footage of Nintendo Switch's touchscreen in action
- Faraday Future receives only 60 deposits for the FF 91
- Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Mechanical Keyboard Review
- Asrock B150M-HDS problem
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017