Like the Cold Cathodes we looked at last year, the workmanship has followed through to its new products, the Rheobus is built exceptionally well as are the new round cold cathodes and EL Wire. Since the last time we looked at them a lot of improvements have been made with the products only making them more attractive. The inverter is now properly boxed up and all there products have retail packaging. Like the original cold cathodes, they still have the extra long cable to reach those high places in your full towers, the EL Wire cable is very long as it is capable of reaching from the inside of your case to your keyboard - if that is how you intend on using it.
It really does seem like Sunbeam are doing everything possible to make their products stand out, especially with the new retail packaging, it gives a much more professional look to the product then the original brown box we received with our first allocation of samples.
The new inverter has been improved since the original that Sunbeam called "black magic tape", which is really just a fancy name for velcro. They have now gone for a nice light blue box with some little air holes in the top of it to help keep the heat away. Like the original inverter, they are capable of running two cold cathodes off the single inverter. As I stated above, it really does affect the brightness of the cold cathodes when two are plugged in and I would personally try and only run one cold cathode off them as you really will see the improvement in the amount of light they output.
Attached to the inverter is still the switch that gives you the ability to turn the cold cathode on or off, the other option instead of the switch is to hook up the sound sensitive module giving you more control over your lighting. Instead of having a simple on and off function, you also bring in the ability to have it on flash or be sound sensitive giving that little bit extra to your lights.
Unfortunately, the last samples we received from Sunbeam were just short of having the boxed inverter. Now with them out on the market it really does boost the score from the original. Along with the retail packaging, it fixes up the cons that we have with the original cold cathodes we reviewed earlier on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- SB Case Modding - Page 1 [Introduction]
- SB Case Modding - Page 2 [The Gear]
- SB Case Modding - Page 3 [The Gear Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Moto Racer 4 gameplay trailer revealed
- Skyrim hasn't yet been confirmed for the Nintendo Switch
- Blizzard announces a new voice chat app for desktops
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 375.57 drivers are ready for BF1
- Sony added 1GB of DRAM to the PS4 Pro, joins 8GB GDDR5
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system