On the testbed side of things there isn't anything out of the ordinary when compared to other recent reviews you'd have seen me do. On the motherboard side of things we've got our trusty ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z which sports the Intel i7 2600k.
We've got a MSI GTX 580 installed today, but that won't really be getting much of a work out. Windows will also just be running off our Kingston 128GB SATA II drive that we've been using for a while. Of course, the products that really stand out today are the SSD and RAID card which we covered on the previous page.
Let's get started!
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
In the first two screen shots you can see the kind of performance we get under the ATTO Baseline test. It can be a little hard to read, so if we just throw the highest numbers into the graph we get a better idea of what's going on.
Checking out the write numbers, we get an excellent idea of what's going on with performance and what happens as we add more and more drives into our RAID 0 mix. From a single drive to a two drive RAID 0 setup we go from 568 MB/s to 1063MB/s.
Moving to a four drive setup, we see that doubles again to 2025MB/s. Moving to seven drives doesn't quite see the same linear jumps in performance, but we do see a massive 3003MB/s maximum write speed.
Further Reading: Read and find more Storage content at our Storage reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Companies transitioning to better detection, response of cyberattacks
- Not a Rubix Cube - much cooler. Waterproof linux-powered cube PC
- Win a trip to Computex 2015 from GIGABYTE by overclocking your PC
- Apple teases media event for March 9, could we meet the Apple Watch?
- Bumblebee is that you? Hardware Extreme's black and yellow project
- HIS Multi-View HDOCKP USB 3.0 Portable Docking Station Review
- Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Review
- need new mother board
- how can i use new power supply for that mother boread asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
- Question regarding adding new SSD to Z97 motherboard
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse