Today you can just see the power of the new AMD platform. Sure, in the scheme of things the memory read / write performance when compared to the Intel platform is quite behind. What makes the results so exciting is the fact that this isn't even an enthusiast platform. It's Fusion, Llano; it's designed for people who want to build $499 US PCs.
This gets us so excited about what the Bulldozer / Zambezi platform will offer us when it finally gets released. The massive MHz that is able to be achieved also means that we might see RAM manufacturers put more time and effort into creating RAM for the AMD platform. It's one that is really neglected at the moment and it's really because for years there hasn't been a reason for companies to put the R & D into making insanely fast memory for the platform; instead they were better off putting their time and effort into the Intel one.
12 Months ago when we looked at the Flare Kit we loved it. For the AMD platform it was just an awesome kit for people who wanted speed. We didn't know until today, though, just how special the kit was. The worst thing is you can't buy it new, it's not like you can jump on NewEgg and pick up a CL7 2000MHz DDR kit for the AMD platform. Sure, you can pick up the CL9 kit, but you're not going to get this kind of performance.
While there's higher RAM speeds out there, they seem to revolve around running in Single Channel and on the Intel platform. Did we set an AMD RAM speed record today? I don't know. There's been no reason to really keep track of AMD RAM speed records. What we have done, though, is create a buzz for the platform and we're sure we'll see overclockers dust off those CL7 Flare kits they got 12 months ago, organize a A75 platform and start to clock the S#*T out of them.
We can't just say "look at this Flare kit, it's so wonderful", though. This was made possible with the use of the A8-3850 from AMD and the Sapphire Pure Platinum A75...seriously...a Sapphire motherboard! - Who would've thought that Sapphire could offer us a board that could give us this kind of memory speed?!
So AMD overclockers...on your marks...get set...Go!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 4 'Summer update' arrives on September 1
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Six people busted for using Lizard Squad's custom DDoS tool
- Square Enix improvised Final Fantasy 7's development, says Nomura
- Ashley Madison growing, including almost 90K women last week
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20