Today you can just see the power of the new AMD platform. Sure, in the scheme of things the memory read / write performance when compared to the Intel platform is quite behind. What makes the results so exciting is the fact that this isn't even an enthusiast platform. It's Fusion, Llano; it's designed for people who want to build $499 US PCs.
This gets us so excited about what the Bulldozer / Zambezi platform will offer us when it finally gets released. The massive MHz that is able to be achieved also means that we might see RAM manufacturers put more time and effort into creating RAM for the AMD platform. It's one that is really neglected at the moment and it's really because for years there hasn't been a reason for companies to put the R & D into making insanely fast memory for the platform; instead they were better off putting their time and effort into the Intel one.
12 Months ago when we looked at the Flare Kit we loved it. For the AMD platform it was just an awesome kit for people who wanted speed. We didn't know until today, though, just how special the kit was. The worst thing is you can't buy it new, it's not like you can jump on NewEgg and pick up a CL7 2000MHz DDR kit for the AMD platform. Sure, you can pick up the CL9 kit, but you're not going to get this kind of performance.
While there's higher RAM speeds out there, they seem to revolve around running in Single Channel and on the Intel platform. Did we set an AMD RAM speed record today? I don't know. There's been no reason to really keep track of AMD RAM speed records. What we have done, though, is create a buzz for the platform and we're sure we'll see overclockers dust off those CL7 Flare kits they got 12 months ago, organize a A75 platform and start to clock the S#*T out of them.
We can't just say "look at this Flare kit, it's so wonderful", though. This was made possible with the use of the A8-3850 from AMD and the Sapphire Pure Platinum A75...seriously...a Sapphire motherboard! - Who would've thought that Sapphire could offer us a board that could give us this kind of memory speed?!
So AMD overclockers...on your marks...get set...Go!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm unveils Snapdragon 450
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro 2 specs leak: Dual camera, 3GB of RAM
- New leak confirms Samsung's Galaxy Note 8 design
- SAPPHIRE announces 'Mining Edition' Radeon RX cards
- Huawei Honor 9 is now available in Europe
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller