We simply wanted more!?!?!
2613.8MHz DDR is just a simply amazing overclock, but we wanted to do more. We were still able to run AIDA64, so we figured there must be a bit more room with the overclock. So we headed back into the BIOS and continued to overclock.
We ended up in Windows with our bus speed at 142MHz and we again managed to benchmark our memory which was running at 1334MHz or 2668MHz DDR. Unfortunately I made the mistake of not moving to the memory tab when I took the screenshot and you can see above we can only see the main CPU / APU information.
Looking at the AIDA64 performance, you can see our Read / Write numbers come in at 11,442 MB/s / 7,656 MB/s which is ever so slightly up on our previous result. Since we managed to scrape through that, though, it was time to get back into the BIOS to see what we could do. Could we get another MHz or two out of the kit?
YES! YES WE COULD! We ended up back in Windows with our bus speed running at 144MHz. Using the 1866MHz DDR divider we've used all along, this meant we ended up in Windows at 1344.1MHz or……2688.2MHz DDR. WOW!
So we ended up being able to hit that little Validate button in CPU-Z and you can see above the 2688.2MHz DDR at 9-14-9-28. Even at this speed we managed to run AIDA64, but in the process of opening Paint we ended up getting a BSOD. Let's just be honest here, though, and say our system wasn't exactly what we would call stable at the moment. We'd hardly recommend you start working on your end of year essay for collage at this point in time.
After realizing that a 1MHz increase in the bus clock resulted in a 10MHz DDR increase in memory performance, it was time to head back into the BIOS to see if we could get to 145MHz which would result in a 1354MHz memory speed or 2708MHz DDR. Unfortunately we couldn't. I literally spent hours in the BIOS adjusting stuff; lowering multipliers, loosening timings, bumping voltage and monitoring temps. We just couldn't get into Windows at a 145MHz bus speed.