The GIGABYTE GA-A75-UD4H really begins to give us a taste for what we can expect from the new Llano platform when it launches later this month. Multiple PCI-E x16 lanes, dual channel DDR, strong layout and all those other things that make for a good mainstream board are here.
The Brazos based E350 board we looked at from GIGABYTE was good, but like we said in our introduction, it's probably not quite powerful enough for an everyday machine. Instead we've seen few motherboard manufacturers really push the Brazos / E-Series platform and it's been implanted into netbooks more so.
The same shouldn't be seen with the Llano platform, though. Multiple APUs available in both the A6 and A8 series, dual and quad core plus companies launching multiple versions of boards to go with the APUs. Looking at the GIGABYTE Media Kit which we've got on hand, GIGABYTE seems to have 12 boards coming that will support the new A-Series APUs.
Brazos was good, but Llano is a platform that we're really going to have use for. Really nice servers that run on low power, internet machines, light gaming machines and more. You can see why AMD are excited about the new Fusion platform and why we're getting excited about it too. Sure, you're not going to be gaming at 2560 x 1600 with AA and AF on, but that's such a small part of the market anyway.
There's some serious performance to be had out of the platform considering the price point and if you want to see what the GA-A75M-UD2H is capable of, you can see it smash the IGP world record in our forums here. Good times ahead and I really can't wait to get our Llano benchmarking on!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [GIGABYTE A75-UD4H - The Board]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE A75-UD4H - The Board Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox Scorpio announced early to not piss gamers off
- 7nm CPU from AMD in 2019 with 8 threads, just 10W power
- Google tease 'Andromeda' as a merge of Android/Chrome OS
- NVIDIA preparing for GeForce GTX 1050 launch next month
- Analogix acquired by Chinese consortium for $500 million
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now