The GIGABYTE GA-A75-UD4H really begins to give us a taste for what we can expect from the new Llano platform when it launches later this month. Multiple PCI-E x16 lanes, dual channel DDR, strong layout and all those other things that make for a good mainstream board are here.
The Brazos based E350 board we looked at from GIGABYTE was good, but like we said in our introduction, it's probably not quite powerful enough for an everyday machine. Instead we've seen few motherboard manufacturers really push the Brazos / E-Series platform and it's been implanted into netbooks more so.
The same shouldn't be seen with the Llano platform, though. Multiple APUs available in both the A6 and A8 series, dual and quad core plus companies launching multiple versions of boards to go with the APUs. Looking at the GIGABYTE Media Kit which we've got on hand, GIGABYTE seems to have 12 boards coming that will support the new A-Series APUs.
Brazos was good, but Llano is a platform that we're really going to have use for. Really nice servers that run on low power, internet machines, light gaming machines and more. You can see why AMD are excited about the new Fusion platform and why we're getting excited about it too. Sure, you're not going to be gaming at 2560 x 1600 with AA and AF on, but that's such a small part of the market anyway.
There's some serious performance to be had out of the platform considering the price point and if you want to see what the GA-A75M-UD2H is capable of, you can see it smash the IGP world record in our forums here. Good times ahead and I really can't wait to get our Llano benchmarking on!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [GIGABYTE A75-UD4H - The Board]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE A75-UD4H - The Board Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD is aiming at the VR market with its Polaris-based video cards
- Be 'Grimm' in our Season Four Blu-ray giveaway
- Did Bethesda just release its own uPlay-like games launcher?
- Dark Souls developer's next game will be on PlayStation VR
- AMD's upcoming Radeon R9 M480 rocks a Polaris 11 GPU
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched