So, How did it all sound?
During our listening tests we were very impressed with nearly all aspects of the sound quality on offer when combining the modules together and especially the boost in performance on offer when the subwoofer gets paired.
Various male vocals sounded rich and textured with a powerful live presence that filled the room with the most amazing clear and dynamic audio we have heard outside of a studio or boutique speaker shop.
This was not traditional PC audio we were hearing; Creative has done away with that notion completely. Rather, we are talking proper Hi-Fi level audio quality for about one quarter the price on average. And without digressing, it's important to remember that a big part of what's on offer here is remarkable value.
The mid range sounded fantastic nearly all of the time with only a couple of moments when the subwoofer crossover got in the way of the 'main' channels. By this we mean that a little hump could be heard just around where the crossover lies, which effectively sounded like a small doubling of a couple of bass notes. But honestly, this was the only little thing that came up for us during listening.
At this stage we have not heard any of the new headphone models, so nothing can be said about how they sounded on the day unfortunately.
Also interesting to note is that between the source device, a traditional 2.4GHz frequency is used to communicate, but between the modules as they get added, a higher 5GHz frequency is used.
The operating range for these components is also 24-bit, which means that everything heard back will be heard with only the highest detail and clarity, as this is the standard for many high end mediums.
Further Reading: Read and find more Trade Shows content at our Trade Shows reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Intel to reclassify Atom processors with Atom x3, Atom x5 and Atom x7
- LG's unveils Watch Urbane LTE, lets you make calls from your wrist
- Corporate leaders are aware of IoT, but aren't really prepared for it
- Companies transitioning to better detection, response of cyberattacks
- Not a Rubix Cube - much cooler. Waterproof linux-powered cube PC
- HIS Multi-View HDOCKP USB 3.0 Portable Docking Station Review
- Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Review
- need new mother board
- how can i use new power supply for that mother boread asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
- Question regarding adding new SSD to Z97 motherboard
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse