The Launch Party
On the 1st of June we flew north to Sydney for the second year running, in order to cover Creative Labs' very latest product launch at the Hilton Hotel. Last year we thought the Zii Sound D5 to be a fantastic wireless solution and were very interested to see how they had built on its strengths over the last twelve months.
The event took place in a slightly different room at the same hotel this time around. The internal layout looked to be much the same, however, with a nice projector screen set up in the background and a few rows of chairs along with the latest products adorning the side walls.
Once some picture opportunities were taken, we all sat down and began the presentation about how exactly the wireless technology showcased to us last year had improved and expanded and where exactly they had plans on taking this new product line to.
The presentation began with a refresher of what was covered last year when the original D5 was first launched; this order to get everyone up to speed on what the whole thing was about. We then got into some new wireless headphone models that also work off the familiar Bluetooth connection method as per the D-series modular speaker solutions.
Next, we came to the name of the game if you will; that being 'wireless modularity' which was explained to us as being the intelligence of the new D-series speakers in their operating environment basically, as opposed to more conventional passive wired speakers with very linear configuration options.
Rather, the more 'intelligent' if you will, grant us that a D-series speaker can sense and adapt to the environment it's operating in. But we know you need more, so basically, if you continue to add additional D-series speakers in a modular fashion building on the first, then the brains inside will recognize each incremental addition and expand the music out, filling all speakers with pure wireless audio.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio
- GUITAR HERO LIVE PITS JAMES FRANCO AGAINST LENNY KRAVITZ IN AN EPIC ROCK BATTLE WITH THE PREMIERE OF THE 'WIN THE CROWD' LIVE-ACTION TRAILER