Maya II Radeon 9700 Pro Thoughts
For my first ever experience with the Radeon 9700, my only thought is that ATI have moved nVidia off of the top spot. ATI have certainly put a lot of effort into the 9000 series and the 9700 Pro is no exception.
Gigabyte has done a splendid job on putting this chip onto an equally splendid PCB with excellent cooling, great potential for overclocking and space conscious sized PCB. The only drawback is the need for extra power, but Gigabyte has solved this one.
- Fastest AGP card available
- AGP 8x support
- DX9 Ready
- Cheaper and faster than top of the line Ti GF4's
- Needs extra power
Rating: 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's Editors choice
Maya Radeon 9000 Pro Thoughts
The Maya Radeon 9000 Pro is defiantly the leader of the budget pack now. It's based on the 9000 series technology, AGP8x support and ultra cool design moves Xabre and GF4 MX cards well out of the ring. Gigabyte's adoption of the 9000 Pro is a splendid piece of engineering with all of what you will need on a budget based graphics card.
- Faster and cheaper than nVidia MX cards
- AGP8x Support
- DX9 Ready
- No cooling on RAM
Rating: 9 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note7 pictured in the wild
- ASRock X299E-ITX/ac: up to 12C/24T CPU power in ITX form
- Gionee announces three new smartphones
- AMD Ryzen powered QNAP NAS spotted at Computex
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z spotted
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017