For quite some time now Gigabyte has been an avid supporter of the ATI brand of video cards. Gigabyte turned their backs on nVidia back in the GeForce3 days, simply because of the fact that they were too expensive to produce, and didn't match their market strategy of the time.
This was what we thought it would be a suicide attempt by Gigabyte, with nVidia holding all the right cards at the time. ATI's introduction of the 8500 GPU saw the much needed revamp of the ATI name. With the power of the 8500 GPU, at a much more affordable price than the GeForce3, and with just as much power, it seemed like a good thing for ATI, Gigabyte and all of ATI's partners. Then the GeForce4 soon turned things back to nVidia's favour and the ATI 8500 needed a boost - adding extra memory only softened the blows to ATI.
The Radeon 9xxx series was to bring ATI back from the depths and this it has. Gigabyte being the avid supporter of the ATI name has introduced two new video cards based on the Radeon 9xxx series - one for the budget conscious, and one for the extreme level. Today we are looking at both in the Maya ATI Radeon 9000 budget and the Maya II ATI Radeon 9700 Pro extreme machine.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis