For quite some time now Gigabyte has been an avid supporter of the ATI brand of video cards. Gigabyte turned their backs on nVidia back in the GeForce3 days, simply because of the fact that they were too expensive to produce, and didn't match their market strategy of the time.
This was what we thought it would be a suicide attempt by Gigabyte, with nVidia holding all the right cards at the time. ATI's introduction of the 8500 GPU saw the much needed revamp of the ATI name. With the power of the 8500 GPU, at a much more affordable price than the GeForce3, and with just as much power, it seemed like a good thing for ATI, Gigabyte and all of ATI's partners. Then the GeForce4 soon turned things back to nVidia's favour and the ATI 8500 needed a boost - adding extra memory only softened the blows to ATI.
The Radeon 9xxx series was to bring ATI back from the depths and this it has. Gigabyte being the avid supporter of the ATI name has introduced two new video cards based on the Radeon 9xxx series - one for the budget conscious, and one for the extreme level. Today we are looking at both in the Maya ATI Radeon 9000 budget and the Maya II ATI Radeon 9700 Pro extreme machine.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- CS:GO is majorly dysfunctional for Australians and in New Zealanders
- Synology teases new OS for its NAS range, Apple Watch app for 2016
- Tesla P85D smashes two Motorsport cars in drag race
- Riot considers G2A sponsorship ban, asks teams to follow suit
- DICE says there will be no microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio