GIGABYTE have got some great looking Z68 boards coming and with aim to hit 80% saturation on the new Z68 platform they should be one of the easiest boards to get at launch. If you're looking at getting a GIGABYTE motherboard you need to decide what you want to get out of it.
Feature wise both the UD3H and UD7 are very strong, but the UD7 clearly stands out for anyone who is interested in going down the multiple video card path because of the decision for GIGABYTE to add the NF200 chip into the mix. What this means is we're able to achieve 16x / 16x on two video cards versus 8x / 8x.
Of course, if you want to throw a third card into the mix, if you're using a Z68 board that doesn't have the NF200 chip then your first two will run at 8x / 8x as you would expect, but the third will be at 4x.
Of course, the UD7 does lack the "Intel HD Graphics", but if you're going to opt for something higher end like the UD7 then the lack of onboard graphics shouldn't even matter.
GIGABYTE haven't only just created boards that look good in physical form thanks to the black PCB, but also boards that look great when it comes to looking at the feature set. Once the boards get into our lab here we'll do some full testing on them, but for now you can just enjoy what is to come.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7 - The Board]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7 - The Board Continued]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H - The Board]
- Page 5 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H - The Board Continued]
- Page 6 [Some GIGABYTE Z68 Features]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PS4 Pro runs 'hot enough to cook an egg'
- Resident Evil 7 FPS uncapped on PC, settings revealed
- The Last Guardian pre-order numbers have surprised Sony
- ESA gets $425 million extra to complete ExoMars mission
- Pokémon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand