GIGABYTE have got some great looking Z68 boards coming and with aim to hit 80% saturation on the new Z68 platform they should be one of the easiest boards to get at launch. If you're looking at getting a GIGABYTE motherboard you need to decide what you want to get out of it.
Feature wise both the UD3H and UD7 are very strong, but the UD7 clearly stands out for anyone who is interested in going down the multiple video card path because of the decision for GIGABYTE to add the NF200 chip into the mix. What this means is we're able to achieve 16x / 16x on two video cards versus 8x / 8x.
Of course, if you want to throw a third card into the mix, if you're using a Z68 board that doesn't have the NF200 chip then your first two will run at 8x / 8x as you would expect, but the third will be at 4x.
Of course, the UD7 does lack the "Intel HD Graphics", but if you're going to opt for something higher end like the UD7 then the lack of onboard graphics shouldn't even matter.
GIGABYTE haven't only just created boards that look good in physical form thanks to the black PCB, but also boards that look great when it comes to looking at the feature set. Once the boards get into our lab here we'll do some full testing on them, but for now you can just enjoy what is to come.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7 - The Board]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7 - The Board Continued]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H - The Board]
- Page 5 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H - The Board Continued]
- Page 6 [Some GIGABYTE Z68 Features]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quantum Break is DX12 only, requires 8GB of RAM minimum
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's new patch improves multi-GPU performance
- PSN Flash Sale has Valentine's day inspired deals
- Facebook Messenger to support SMS soon, rumors indicate
- Class-action suit filed against Apple over iPhone error 53
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives