GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H - The Board
Looking at the board, it seems very similar to the UD7 we just looked at with the black PCB design going on. Of course, when you really look at it there are some clear differences between them with the most obvious being the lack of that massive heatsink / heatpipe design that goes from the top of the board to almost the bottom right corner.
Expansion is strong, but there's not the heavy emphasis on three card video card setups like there is on the UD7. We've got the same two legacy PCI slots; instead of one PCI-E 1x slot, though, we have three here and instead of four PCI-E 16x slots we have two.
Because we don't have the NF200 chip present here, when you're using two cards the PCI-E slots will slow down to 8x each. It's not really that much of a big deal as in the past we've tested and now know that there's very limited difference. Below the expansion ports we can see all our headers for USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and our front panel.
Looking at the SATA setup, we've got three black SATA2 ports and two white SATA3 ports which are controlled via the Z68 chipset. Slightly over, we have a further two SATA3 ports which are colored grey; these are controlled via the Marvell SE9172.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7 - The Board]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7 - The Board Continued]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H - The Board]
- Page 5 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H - The Board Continued]
- Page 6 [Some GIGABYTE Z68 Features]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Intel sub-contractor had friend make hoax bomb call to avoid work
- First 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer hits the web
- BIOSTAR announces DirectX 12 ready GTX 950 for $199
- 'Toddyhancer' graphics mod for Star Wars: Battlefront looks amazing
- Just Cause 3 runs at 900p 30FPS on the Xbox One, so much more on PC
- Send Money Online To Italy Before You Trip To Produce Your Holiday More Relaxing
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- New Build Problem
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- BIOSTAR GEFORCE GAMING GTX 950 ANNOUNCED, STYLISH PERFORMANCE FOR COMPETITIVE GAMING
- SilverStone Raven Series RVX01BR/RVX01BR-W
- Transcend Adds New 64GB microSD Memory Cards to Its Industrial-Grade Wide Temperature Lineup
- COUGAR ANNOUNCES THE LAUNCH OF THE 450 SERIES
- SilverStone Press release PTS01