GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H - The Board
Looking at the board, it seems very similar to the UD7 we just looked at with the black PCB design going on. Of course, when you really look at it there are some clear differences between them with the most obvious being the lack of that massive heatsink / heatpipe design that goes from the top of the board to almost the bottom right corner.
Expansion is strong, but there's not the heavy emphasis on three card video card setups like there is on the UD7. We've got the same two legacy PCI slots; instead of one PCI-E 1x slot, though, we have three here and instead of four PCI-E 16x slots we have two.
Because we don't have the NF200 chip present here, when you're using two cards the PCI-E slots will slow down to 8x each. It's not really that much of a big deal as in the past we've tested and now know that there's very limited difference. Below the expansion ports we can see all our headers for USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and our front panel.
Looking at the SATA setup, we've got three black SATA2 ports and two white SATA3 ports which are controlled via the Z68 chipset. Slightly over, we have a further two SATA3 ports which are colored grey; these are controlled via the Marvell SE9172.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7 - The Board]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7 - The Board Continued]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H - The Board]
- Page 5 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H - The Board Continued]
- Page 6 [Some GIGABYTE Z68 Features]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Unikrn expands into Vegas, acquires eSports firm LEET
- Nintendo reveals foldable New 2DS XL for $149
- AMD's new Ryzen Balanced Power Plan drivers are here
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives