GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H - The Board
Looking at the board, it seems very similar to the UD7 we just looked at with the black PCB design going on. Of course, when you really look at it there are some clear differences between them with the most obvious being the lack of that massive heatsink / heatpipe design that goes from the top of the board to almost the bottom right corner.
Expansion is strong, but there's not the heavy emphasis on three card video card setups like there is on the UD7. We've got the same two legacy PCI slots; instead of one PCI-E 1x slot, though, we have three here and instead of four PCI-E 16x slots we have two.
Because we don't have the NF200 chip present here, when you're using two cards the PCI-E slots will slow down to 8x each. It's not really that much of a big deal as in the past we've tested and now know that there's very limited difference. Below the expansion ports we can see all our headers for USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and our front panel.
Looking at the SATA setup, we've got three black SATA2 ports and two white SATA3 ports which are controlled via the Z68 chipset. Slightly over, we have a further two SATA3 ports which are colored grey; these are controlled via the Marvell SE9172.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7 - The Board]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7 - The Board Continued]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H - The Board]
- Page 5 [GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H - The Board Continued]
- Page 6 [Some GIGABYTE Z68 Features]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Further Reading: Read and find more Motherboards content at our Motherboards reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Report: 5 billion Google Android apps are vulnerable to cyberattack
- Mobile payment market is up for grabs among companies pushing services
- Dropping phablet prices putting pressure on smaller-sized smartphones
- Secret Service plans to test drone flights in Washington, D.C
- Tim Cook: Apple Watch could replace car keys for newer vehicles
- win crash
- PC-K65 and PC-K69
- Ga-ep31-ds3l dead after flashing bios
- HIS Multi-View x2 HDOCK1 USB 3.0 Dual Display Docking Station Review
- Cannot open CTRL + I Intel rapid storage menu
- Fractal Design Announces Venturi Series Fans
- BitFenix Announces AEGIS Micro-ATX Chassis
- VisionTek Introduces DriveXpander 2.5-inch Drive Expansion Slot Adapter
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop