MSI has put together what looks to be a really well rounded and strong featured board. Doing a once over shows we've got a lot on offer in terms of connectivity and expansion and you can see we've also got some really cool extra features that help make the board stand out.
If you're already the user of a higher end P67 board from MSI like the Big Bang-Marshall or P67A-GD80, you will probably more than likely not see yourself updating to the Z68 platform, because from a feature stand point, we continue to get that feeling that Intel's new chipset isn't a leap and bound increase. Instead, depending on price, you'll more than likely choose this board over the P67A-GD80.
In the end, though, it's all going to come down to performance, and we can't talk about that for a few more days. Make sure you keep an eye out, though, as May 11th rolls around and we start to look at the performance of these Z68 boards we've previewed and received.
Just looking from the outside, though, MSI has come a long way in the motherboard department when compared to the last time I used an MSI motherboard, which was probably the late 90s when the Intel 440BX chipset and Celeron A ruled supreme.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [MSI Z68A-GD80 - The Board]
- Page 3 [MSI Z68A-GD80 - The Board Continues]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Dogs 2 updated on the PC, long list of fixes
- Del Toro: F*ck Konami, killing Silent Hills was moronic
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- 8 minutes of new Prey gameplay footage released
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset