ASRock Z68 Extreme4 - The Package
Looking at the Extreme4 box, you will see design wise it's very similar to that of the Pro3. Of course, it's overall a bigger box which gives us that initial impression that we'll have slightly more goodies on the inside, but we'll look at that in just a moment.
Turning the box over, we get a fair bit of detail in regards to what's going on and the kind of features that the board is offering. We'll cover this a bit more when we look at the board itself over the next few pages.
Getting inside the package is a lot larger. We've got a Software Setup Guide and Quick Installation guide to round off the paperwork side of things. Next to that we've got the Driver CD and an IDE cable. Below that four SATA cables, two Molex to SATA power connectors, a two card SLI Bridge, I/O back plate and 3.5mm audio cable.
Alongside this, we've also got a couple of USB 3.0 ports. This comes in a 3.5" bay to put in the front of your PC, but if you don't want to do that, or don't have room, there's also a bracket so they can be installed in the back. It's nice to see that ASRock opted for a black cover at least; something that should go well with most peoples systems these days.
The extra that might throw you is the 3.5mm audio jack. I'll be honest, it threw me for a second. What this does is allow you to play music from a portable audio device and out the PC without the need for the PC to be turned on. I'm not sure if it's something you'll find yourself using a lot, but it's a nice feature none the less.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [ASrock Z68 Pro3 - The Package]
- Page 3 [ASrock Z68 Pro3 - The Board]
- Page 4 [ASrock Z68 Pro3 - The Board Continued]
- Page 5 [ASrock Z68 Extreme4 - The Package]
- Page 6 [ASrock Z68 Exreme4 - The Board]
- Page 7 [ASrock Z68 Exreme4 - The Board Continued]
- Page 8 [The stand out Z68 features]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hey MSI, where's your GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning?
- EVGA unveils GTX 1080 Ti SC, SC2, and FTW3 variants
- Overwatch map editor, highlight savings are coming soon
- GTX 1080 Ti hits 3GHz on LN2, all on reference PCB
- Mass Effect: Andromeda has a $100 microtransaction
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Can't find thumbscrews in PC-O9
- Lost Audio on Asus GL753 VE-DS74 Laptop
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter