ASRock Z68 Extreme4 - The Package
Looking at the Extreme4 box, you will see design wise it's very similar to that of the Pro3. Of course, it's overall a bigger box which gives us that initial impression that we'll have slightly more goodies on the inside, but we'll look at that in just a moment.
Turning the box over, we get a fair bit of detail in regards to what's going on and the kind of features that the board is offering. We'll cover this a bit more when we look at the board itself over the next few pages.
Getting inside the package is a lot larger. We've got a Software Setup Guide and Quick Installation guide to round off the paperwork side of things. Next to that we've got the Driver CD and an IDE cable. Below that four SATA cables, two Molex to SATA power connectors, a two card SLI Bridge, I/O back plate and 3.5mm audio cable.
Alongside this, we've also got a couple of USB 3.0 ports. This comes in a 3.5" bay to put in the front of your PC, but if you don't want to do that, or don't have room, there's also a bracket so they can be installed in the back. It's nice to see that ASRock opted for a black cover at least; something that should go well with most peoples systems these days.
The extra that might throw you is the 3.5mm audio jack. I'll be honest, it threw me for a second. What this does is allow you to play music from a portable audio device and out the PC without the need for the PC to be turned on. I'm not sure if it's something you'll find yourself using a lot, but it's a nice feature none the less.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [ASrock Z68 Pro3 - The Package]
- Page 3 [ASrock Z68 Pro3 - The Board]
- Page 4 [ASrock Z68 Pro3 - The Board Continued]
- Page 5 [ASrock Z68 Extreme4 - The Package]
- Page 6 [ASrock Z68 Exreme4 - The Board]
- Page 7 [ASrock Z68 Exreme4 - The Board Continued]
- Page 8 [The stand out Z68 features]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni