You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
To achieve the highest speeds out of your Corsair Performance 3 and any other next generation SATA 6G SSD you need a good base to start with. For most that will mean an Intel Sandy Bridge chipset. Enthusiasts and power users may want to invest in a high speed RAID controller like the LSI 9260-8i that we use for many of our RAID tests. The current Sandy Bridge motherboards only support two SATA 6G ports, so if you are going to use more than two drives then I recommend the LSI 9260-8i. Our RAID 0 test of the Corsair Performance 3 2x128GB was ran on a GIGABYTE P67A-UD5.
If you frequent these pages often you will notice a whole new set of charts. Out with the old and in with the kick ass! The VelociRaptor is now history, as are all Intel SSDs and Indilinx products. The only remaining SATA 3G drives left are the OCZ Vertex 2 models with SandForce SF-1200 controllers.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
Using ATTO we see that the RAID 0 array with two Corsair Performance 3 128GB drives in RAID 0 scales very well on the GIGABYTE P67A-UD5 motherboard. In our testing we observed a near doubling of performance with read speeds peaking at just over 900MB/s and write speeds of over 400MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- George Miller still planning two 'Mad Max' sequels
- Call of Duty WWII creatively strips players of power
- Hardware deals: GTX 1050 only $95 & cheapest Ryzen 5
- Instagram reaches 700 million users
- Samsung and LG working on a display with 4 curved sides?
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives
- Call of Duty: WWII delivers gripping action on global scale
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design