Before we begin
E7205 codename Granite Bay chipset courtesy (with permission) OC Workbench
Let me first make it clear to you all that we do not yet have a Granite Bay motherboard in our labs for testing. The information you find in this article is based purely on documentation curtsey of Gigabyte Technology. We wanted to provide you, our readers, with a little bit of coverage on Intel's latest release today by means of our initial thoughts and opinions.
Now we've got that sorted, let's continue on
- Hyper-Threading, an obvious inclusion
As well as being the first retail chipset available on the market to support Dual Channel DDR-266 memory, the Granite Bay chipset supports Hyper-Threading (HT) technology which is found in all Pentium 4 3.06GHz processors and above - and possibly even slower Northwood based processors as hinted by several tech sites over the past few days, such as VR-Zone Hardware.
In the most basic of terms, HT makes a dual processor compatible Operating System actually think the system has two physical processors when in fact the technology breaks the single processor into two logical processors. Our results showed roughly a 20% increase in performance compared to when HT was disabled. For more information on HT, you can read a detailed description over at X-Bit Labs.
- Intel 82801 ICH4
Intel 82801 ICH4 chipset courtesy (with permission) OC Workbench
Coupled with its new ICH4 (pictured above), the Granite Bay includes support for FSB 533/400MHz, AGP 8x, ATA133 and USB 2.0.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Project CARS 2 latest screenshots look amazing
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications