The Intel Pentium 4 platform over the last year has seen more changes than any other platform. AMD have stuck to their Socket 462 connector for nearly three years now and are continuing to do so with their latest processors. Intel Pentium 4 however, has seen socket, memory and core changes that really have pushed it up in price and along the market. We have seen RDRAM being replaced by SDRAM and then DDR SDRAM. Sockets changed from 423 pin to 478 pin and the core changed from Willamette to Northwood, all in the space of around one year.
The SiS 648 on its introduction in the mainstream market caused some speculations and some doubt to its potential as a true Pentium 4 solution candidate. Being able to top the fastest Intel and VIA chipsets while supporting new features as well as some controversial extras that few have dared to take on, the SiS 648 proved itself to us well and truly.
Now with the chipset taking full flight with many manufacturers, the time has come to test three potential overclockers/value market contenders for the SiS 648 motherboard crown. Let us now take you on a tour of the MSI 648 Max-L, ECS L4S8A and Gigabyte GA-8SG667 - Three brand new SIS 648 motherboards available on the market today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- SiS 648 Budgets - Page 1 [Introduction]
- SiS 648 Budgets - Page 2 [MSI Specifications]
- SiS 648 Budgets - Page 3 [Gigabyte Specifications]
- SiS 648 Budgets - Page 4 [ECS Specifications]
- SiS 648 Budgets - Page 5 [Gigabyte Features]
- SiS 648 Budgets - Page 6 [MSI Features]
- SiS 648 Budgets - Page 7 [ECS Features]
- SiS 648 Budgets - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- SiS 648 Budgets - Page 9 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- SiS 648 Budgets - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC and 3D]
- SiS 648 Budgets - Page 11 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- SiS 648 Budgets - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- SiS 648 Budgets - Page 13 [Conclusions]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The latest, and nearly final shots of the Galaxy S8
- Android 8.0 Oreo teased, should be unveiled soon
- Samsung to unveil four new VR/AR projects at MWC 2017
- Del Toro says 'Hellboy 3' is dead
- The Galaxy Note7 might be coming back with a new battery
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league