Features of the Gigabyte 8PE667 Ultra - Part 1
Package and Contents
Gigabyte, unlike ASUS, have devoted a new package style to their latest motherboard. Catching to the eye, this box should stand out in a crowd at your local PC fair or distributor. Once you open the box you are faced with the contents for the full operation of the board.
Unpacked you get your motherboard, two IDE and one FDD cable back, one 4-port USB 2.0 bracket, User manuals for the motherboard and the RAID controller, some stickers, drivers CD and an I/O Shield as the backplane isn't a standard ATX design.
Gigabyte has kept with a traditional 1/6/1 (AGP/PCI/Riser) expansion card layout, so you have more than enough room for all your peripherals. Placement of the power connectors could have done with a bit more thought. The 20 pin connector is located near the DIMM slots, keeping the messy ATX cable out of the CPU's way. The AUX12 connector, however, is located right next to the CPU socket, meaning the cables have to be draped over or around the CPU, restricting air flow.
Chipset - I845PE at play
Driven by the I845PE chipset, the Gigabyte board has the same fundamental features as the ASUS P4PE. There being DDR-333 memory support, Hyper Threading, AGP 4x graphics and the ICH4 Southbridge
Promise RAID - no Serial ATA yet
Gigabyte, for quite some time now has been adding the Promise ATA controllers to their boards for IDE and RAID functions. It is a wonder to us why Gigabyte have not gone to adding Serial ATA to their latest boards, as it seems to be a selling point, especially with ASUS and ABIT. The two green IDE connectors located on the right hand - middle of the board are for the Promise controller, as the red and white are for the Intel ICH4 IDE.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Intel 845PE Clash - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Intel 845PE Clash - Page 2 [ASUS Specifications]
- Intel 845PE Clash - Page 3 [Gigabyte Specifications]
- Intel 845PE Clash - Page 4 [Features of the ASUS P4PE - Part 1]
- Intel 845PE Clash - Page 5 [Features of the ASUS P4PE - Part 2]
- Intel 845PE Clash - Page 6 [Features of the Gigabyte 8PE667 Ultra - Part 1]
- Intel 845PE Clash - Page 7 [Features of the Gigabyte 8PE667 Ultra - Part 2]
- Intel 845PE Clash - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- Intel 845PE Clash - Page 9 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Intel 845PE Clash - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC and 3D]
- Intel 845PE Clash - Page 11 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Intel 845PE Clash - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Intel 845PE Clash - Page 13 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project Scorpio's GPU is 4.5x faster than Xbox One
- Mass Effect: Andromeda runs on GTX 745, has FOV slider
- 'La La Land', 'Arrival' lead Oscar nominations
- Xbox boss 'really happy' on Project Scorpio's progress
- First footage of Nintendo Switch's touchscreen in action
- Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Mechanical Keyboard Review
- Asrock B150M-HDS problem
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017