To date we've ran a handful of drives through the Fill Test, most of them over and over to confirm the results. We do have a large archive of SSDs and will gradually go back and test some of the significant products. You should see drives like the original Vertex, Vertex 2, Crucial RealSSD C300, Corsair Nova and possibly a few more added to charts in the not too distant future. These entries are mainly for archive purposes so we can have a long list of models to look for patterns with.
It's not every day we write a seven page document over a single test, but this isn't exactly a regular test either.
Solid state drives are the future and as time passes the technology will advance to push boundaries beyond what we can foresee at this time. Last year we didn't expect to see a single drive deliver over 500MB/s, but just around the corner we will have it. What is truly amazing is that 500MB/s performance will start out with a price tag of just 250 USD (MSRP, 120GB OCZ Technology Vertex 3, SandForce SF-2200 Based).
The test we built today goes to show that even though SSDs are quickly reaching the limits of SATA 6G, there are still areas in which performance can be improved upon. We are just starting a new cycle for SSDs and things like firmware development and NAND flash choices will affect our Fill Test results. Over time manufacturers can look to design better SSDs that don't lose performance, such as the Corsair Performance 3.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Drive Performance with Data Onboard]
- Page 3 [The Methodology]
- Page 4 [Test Preparation]
- Page 5 [Folder Preparation]
- Page 6 [Performance Testing]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks Results and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Nokia unveils its new OZO virtual reality camera, priced at $60,000
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Crimson Edition hotfix driver released, fixes fan and game issues
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY