To date we've ran a handful of drives through the Fill Test, most of them over and over to confirm the results. We do have a large archive of SSDs and will gradually go back and test some of the significant products. You should see drives like the original Vertex, Vertex 2, Crucial RealSSD C300, Corsair Nova and possibly a few more added to charts in the not too distant future. These entries are mainly for archive purposes so we can have a long list of models to look for patterns with.
It's not every day we write a seven page document over a single test, but this isn't exactly a regular test either.
Solid state drives are the future and as time passes the technology will advance to push boundaries beyond what we can foresee at this time. Last year we didn't expect to see a single drive deliver over 500MB/s, but just around the corner we will have it. What is truly amazing is that 500MB/s performance will start out with a price tag of just 250 USD (MSRP, 120GB OCZ Technology Vertex 3, SandForce SF-2200 Based).
The test we built today goes to show that even though SSDs are quickly reaching the limits of SATA 6G, there are still areas in which performance can be improved upon. We are just starting a new cycle for SSDs and things like firmware development and NAND flash choices will affect our Fill Test results. Over time manufacturers can look to design better SSDs that don't lose performance, such as the Corsair Performance 3.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Drive Performance with Data Onboard]
- Page 3 [The Methodology]
- Page 4 [Test Preparation]
- Page 5 [Folder Preparation]
- Page 6 [Performance Testing]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks Results and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance