Drive Performance with Data Onboard
You may remember this chart from the Corsair Performance 3 256GB SSD review a few weeks back. In this test we grabbed some random files off the QNAP TS-809 Turbo NAS that my family has taken over. This test was fairly straight forward - fill around 50% of a drives capacity and then run a simple, but thorough benchmark. The results speak for themselves - the SandForce SF-1200 based MemoRight FTM-25 256GB drive slows when data is present on the drive, but the Corsair Performance 3 256GB drive keeps roughly the same performance level with and without data on the drive. The fill test was born.
It is important to point out that the SandForce SF-1200 isn't the oddity in this small test group. We've known for a long time that all SSDs slow as they fill with data. The odd ball out of the group was the Corsair Performance 3 with the Marvell 88SS9174-BKK2 controller.
On the first page we talked about the amount of testing that goes into a review and that some tests are published and some are not. The next thing I would like to point out is that all of our tests are publically available and easily obtained. You can read about the previous testing methods in this article. That document is going to need a revision soon.
Being transparent with our testing methods and using software easily accessible not only keeps us honest, but also allows you to test your products at home to see if they are working as they should. I hate to say it, but there are review sites out there that have been proven to 'fudge the numbers' in order to attract readers. Doing things like changing a benchmark perimeter in order to achieve a higher performance result is not that uncommon. It is dishonest, though.
So, we have a new benchmark. Let's show you what it does and how to set it up.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Drive Performance with Data Onboard]
- Page 3 [The Methodology]
- Page 4 [Test Preparation]
- Page 5 [Folder Preparation]
- Page 6 [Performance Testing]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks Results and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- Nintendo Switch has no Virtual Console games at launch
- Apple new headquarters is ready for April's opening
- Qualcomm announces Snapdragon 835 VR dev kit program
- Qualcomm and Leap Motion: use real life hands in VR
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording