I was disappointed on the 11.2 driver suite as it really brought a lot of issues to my testbed. While this one doesn't seem to bring any issues, it's just another crap driver, to put it bluntly.
To be completely honest, I expected it. For starters, every time we asked AMD about the 11.3s we got told about how fantastic the 11.4s were going to be. Secondly, the fact that it's come so last minute and offers no performance improvements in the release notes along with a very minor list of overall improvements tells us that AMD are only releasing this driver to keep up with the "New driver every month" thing they have going on.
Because of this, I'm really disappointed in AMD. They've chosen just to release a crap driver so they don't ruin any kind of streak. Instead they could've been concentrating more on the 11.4 drivers and making them even better again.
If you've missed the 11.2s, I would skip this one as well. If you're still on the 11.1s or earlier I would suggest you make the jump to the 11.4 beta preview that AMD has released. It's the best driver we've used in months and it should be fantastic by the time it hits WHQL stage. As for the official "WHQL" driver this month...yawn! Skip it!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Oppo launches F3 Plus with dual front cameras
- Manli's upcoming GTX 1080 Ti features blower fan design
- Hey MSI, where's your GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning?
- EVGA unveils GTX 1080 Ti SC, SC2, and FTW3 variants
- Overwatch map editor, highlight savings are coming soon
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter