I was disappointed on the 11.2 driver suite as it really brought a lot of issues to my testbed. While this one doesn't seem to bring any issues, it's just another crap driver, to put it bluntly.
To be completely honest, I expected it. For starters, every time we asked AMD about the 11.3s we got told about how fantastic the 11.4s were going to be. Secondly, the fact that it's come so last minute and offers no performance improvements in the release notes along with a very minor list of overall improvements tells us that AMD are only releasing this driver to keep up with the "New driver every month" thing they have going on.
Because of this, I'm really disappointed in AMD. They've chosen just to release a crap driver so they don't ruin any kind of streak. Instead they could've been concentrating more on the 11.4 drivers and making them even better again.
If you've missed the 11.2s, I would skip this one as well. If you're still on the 11.1s or earlier I would suggest you make the jump to the 11.4 beta preview that AMD has released. It's the best driver we've used in months and it should be fantastic by the time it hits WHQL stage. As for the official "WHQL" driver this month...yawn! Skip it!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Unikrn expands into Vegas, acquires eSports firm LEET
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives