I was disappointed on the 11.2 driver suite as it really brought a lot of issues to my testbed. While this one doesn't seem to bring any issues, it's just another crap driver, to put it bluntly.
To be completely honest, I expected it. For starters, every time we asked AMD about the 11.3s we got told about how fantastic the 11.4s were going to be. Secondly, the fact that it's come so last minute and offers no performance improvements in the release notes along with a very minor list of overall improvements tells us that AMD are only releasing this driver to keep up with the "New driver every month" thing they have going on.
Because of this, I'm really disappointed in AMD. They've chosen just to release a crap driver so they don't ruin any kind of streak. Instead they could've been concentrating more on the 11.4 drivers and making them even better again.
If you've missed the 11.2s, I would skip this one as well. If you're still on the 11.1s or earlier I would suggest you make the jump to the 11.4 beta preview that AMD has released. It's the best driver we've used in months and it should be fantastic by the time it hits WHQL stage. As for the official "WHQL" driver this month...yawn! Skip it!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft loves PC gaming, no HDR support in Halo Wars 2
- Pentium G4560 costs $64, fights Core i5-2500K at $270
- Modified Tesla Model S goes from 0-100 in 2.1 seconds
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- Pokemon GO generated an insane $950 million in 2016
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99