Are we Excited?
Absolutely! The fact that I haven't got the card yet means that I've really gone through the launch deck top to bottom multiple times. It's exciting to see what AMD is offering here, not just with the card itself, but the push for better support with gaming partners.
Really, without the gaming partners releasing games that can really make use of the power and features that are on offer from these cards, they're really pointless. It seems that AMD is really trying to make sure that we have a reason to upgrade to new higher end cards by helping developers implement new features.
Of course, the card looks like it's going to be an absolute beast, though, with the "Dual-BIOS" switch finally being used in the way we wanted it to along with just the huge amount of power that's going to be on offer from a card that only requires a single PCI-E slot.
We of course wish that our card arrived on time and we could give you all those yummy performance benchmarks, but the second it arrives some quick happy snaps will be taken and the card will be slid delicately into our machine for some benchmarking.
Of course, we'll then have a bunch of articles following in the coming weeks including "AUSUM" mode, our own overclocking, CrossFireX and CrossFireX overclocking.
For now, though, we hope you enjoyed an in depth look of everything else revolving around the HD 6990 and make sure you keep an eye out for the performance results when they go live here at TweakTown.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Features]
- Page 3 [Features Continued & Specifications]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rocket League gets a new map and a DLC car
- Battlefield 1 dev said shovel digging might come back
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset