Are we Excited?
Absolutely! The fact that I haven't got the card yet means that I've really gone through the launch deck top to bottom multiple times. It's exciting to see what AMD is offering here, not just with the card itself, but the push for better support with gaming partners.
Really, without the gaming partners releasing games that can really make use of the power and features that are on offer from these cards, they're really pointless. It seems that AMD is really trying to make sure that we have a reason to upgrade to new higher end cards by helping developers implement new features.
Of course, the card looks like it's going to be an absolute beast, though, with the "Dual-BIOS" switch finally being used in the way we wanted it to along with just the huge amount of power that's going to be on offer from a card that only requires a single PCI-E slot.
We of course wish that our card arrived on time and we could give you all those yummy performance benchmarks, but the second it arrives some quick happy snaps will be taken and the card will be slid delicately into our machine for some benchmarking.
Of course, we'll then have a bunch of articles following in the coming weeks including "AUSUM" mode, our own overclocking, CrossFireX and CrossFireX overclocking.
For now, though, we hope you enjoyed an in depth look of everything else revolving around the HD 6990 and make sure you keep an eye out for the performance results when they go live here at TweakTown.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Features]
- Page 3 [Features Continued & Specifications]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung to produce chips for the iPhone 9, LG batteries
- Facebook is working on a modular smartphone
- Samsung's 1st dual camera phone has an Always On Display
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4