Conclusion - Desknote's for all
Well from what we have seen, the ECS I-Buddie 4 looks to have the goods in order to take on the big name laptops as a desktop replacement and light portable system. If however, you are looking for a serious gaming laptop, you would do better to look around, but it will cost you.
ECS pushes the I-Buddie 4 out at around $700 US (roughly $1400 AU) for each unit - When you consider what you get and what you can do, it is the ultimate in price for a portable solution. While having to purchase an external battery to take it on the road, ECS prices the accessories at a very reasonable rate.
The Desknote P4 battery life surpasses that of standard laptop units, with an average full use time of over 8 hours (what you would expect from a normal working day) as apposed to most laptops of lasting only three hours of full use. When considering that the I-Buddie 4 does not have any Speed Step technology to save power, this is a rather good effort for constant working environments. Recharge times for the battery depend on use, when running the battery in daisy-chain with the Desknote running, recharge time takes around 2 hours, when set as stand alone, 1.5 hours is all it takes to get 8 hours worth of power out of the battery.
Compatibility wise, the I-Buddie worked without a problem in all games and applications we used for testing, minus Aquanox and the SiS driver issues. Stability was 100% - There was no crashes or reduction in performance due to thermal throttling, as it simply never got that hot.
- Upgradeable CPU and Memory
- Uses Desktop CPU and Memory
- Firewire, LAN, USB2 all onboard
- High Quality 15" Screen
- DVD ROM as standard
- Video can be sluggish.
- Battery is external
Rating: 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown Editors Choice
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 2 [Specifications and Information]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 3 [Features]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 4 [More Features]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 5 [More Features Continued]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- ECS I-Buddie 4 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA: Just Cause 3 engine 'incompatible with multi-GPU solutions'
- Report claims mobile broadband is more affordable than ever
- It's Not Too Late - Our Cyber Monday Sale Continues Today
- Google Street View used to monitor climate change
- OnePlus clarifies charging cable claims, not blaming suppliers
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY