There are two things I need to stress before we start looking at some of the benchmark numbers. The first; this isn't the final revision of the board and some small tweaks may be offered before it hits retail shelves. Of course, we're not going to promise extra performance when we can't test it, but it's something worth noting.
The second is that a lot of benchmark programs don't officially support the Fusion platform, so again not everything could be going as strong as, well, it could. The market the Brazos platform is aimed at which consists of the C and E series isn't exactly your competitive gamer demanding the highest detail and frame rate. It felt like such a waste, though, especially since we overclocked, to not put the system through some of our benchmarks.
Since there was also that juicy looking x16 PCI-E slot available, it seemed like a waste to not have a bit of fun and throw a HD 6970 in it. Of course, you have to remember that while the card fits with no issue, the slot itself is only wired up to support x4, so it will of course impact performance. The other thing is we're only dealing with a 1600MHz CPU that is cooled with a tiny fan which also takes care of the built in GPU. So clearly we're not going to be dealing with a power house of a CPU, So take our HD 6970 benchmarks as a bit of fun, which is exactly what they are.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard - Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS & Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 6 [AIDA64 Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [AIDA64 Benchmarks - Continued]
- Page 8 [AIDA64 Benchmarks - Continued]
- Page 9 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset