There are two things I need to stress before we start looking at some of the benchmark numbers. The first; this isn't the final revision of the board and some small tweaks may be offered before it hits retail shelves. Of course, we're not going to promise extra performance when we can't test it, but it's something worth noting.
The second is that a lot of benchmark programs don't officially support the Fusion platform, so again not everything could be going as strong as, well, it could. The market the Brazos platform is aimed at which consists of the C and E series isn't exactly your competitive gamer demanding the highest detail and frame rate. It felt like such a waste, though, especially since we overclocked, to not put the system through some of our benchmarks.
Since there was also that juicy looking x16 PCI-E slot available, it seemed like a waste to not have a bit of fun and throw a HD 6970 in it. Of course, you have to remember that while the card fits with no issue, the slot itself is only wired up to support x4, so it will of course impact performance. The other thing is we're only dealing with a 1600MHz CPU that is cooled with a tiny fan which also takes care of the built in GPU. So clearly we're not going to be dealing with a power house of a CPU, So take our HD 6970 benchmarks as a bit of fun, which is exactly what they are.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard - Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS & Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 6 [AIDA64 Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [AIDA64 Benchmarks - Continued]
- Page 8 [AIDA64 Benchmarks - Continued]
- Page 9 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS