There are two things I need to stress before we start looking at some of the benchmark numbers. The first; this isn't the final revision of the board and some small tweaks may be offered before it hits retail shelves. Of course, we're not going to promise extra performance when we can't test it, but it's something worth noting.
The second is that a lot of benchmark programs don't officially support the Fusion platform, so again not everything could be going as strong as, well, it could. The market the Brazos platform is aimed at which consists of the C and E series isn't exactly your competitive gamer demanding the highest detail and frame rate. It felt like such a waste, though, especially since we overclocked, to not put the system through some of our benchmarks.
Since there was also that juicy looking x16 PCI-E slot available, it seemed like a waste to not have a bit of fun and throw a HD 6970 in it. Of course, you have to remember that while the card fits with no issue, the slot itself is only wired up to support x4, so it will of course impact performance. The other thing is we're only dealing with a 1600MHz CPU that is cooled with a tiny fan which also takes care of the built in GPU. So clearly we're not going to be dealing with a power house of a CPU, So take our HD 6970 benchmarks as a bit of fun, which is exactly what they are.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard - Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS & Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 6 [AIDA64 Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [AIDA64 Benchmarks - Continued]
- Page 8 [AIDA64 Benchmarks - Continued]
- Page 9 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi's VR headset looks good and costs only $29
- Xiaomi Mi MIX rocks its edge-to-edge display
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is basically a Note7 but cheaper
- Nintendo Switch gameplay graphics are subject to change
- Final Fantasy 15 could get co-op mode in the future
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage