The 11.1 driver isn't the most exciting one and to be honest it doesn't come as a surprise. For starters, the 10.12 was a big one thanks to the introduction of that sexy new control center. The other reason is that January tends to be a fairly quiet month as we imagine the Catalyst driver team takes some much deserved time off.
To be honest, though, I think in the coming months we'll see some improvements since NVIDIA have become extremely aggressive, and that's best shown with the release of the new GTX 560 Ti which offers great performance, but more importantly at a great price.
We know that AMD are able to offer us extra performance from the drivers and the HD 6000 series have really only just hit us. In this case this is the first WHQL driver for the HD 6900 series.
The release of a dual GPU HD 6990 will mean strong concentration on Crossfire and tessellation performance is becoming a big thing. AMD have improved it a lot in the HD 6000 series, but I think we'll see them offer some fresh gains with the release of future drivers.
For now, though, it's hopes and dreams. It's probably worth the upgrade, though, for the most part because it's the first WHQL driver for the HD 6900s. There are of course always those little bug fixes that are addressed each month as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blompkamp's 'Alien' sequel won't 'see the light of day'
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives