The 11.1 driver isn't the most exciting one and to be honest it doesn't come as a surprise. For starters, the 10.12 was a big one thanks to the introduction of that sexy new control center. The other reason is that January tends to be a fairly quiet month as we imagine the Catalyst driver team takes some much deserved time off.
To be honest, though, I think in the coming months we'll see some improvements since NVIDIA have become extremely aggressive, and that's best shown with the release of the new GTX 560 Ti which offers great performance, but more importantly at a great price.
We know that AMD are able to offer us extra performance from the drivers and the HD 6000 series have really only just hit us. In this case this is the first WHQL driver for the HD 6900 series.
The release of a dual GPU HD 6990 will mean strong concentration on Crossfire and tessellation performance is becoming a big thing. AMD have improved it a lot in the HD 6000 series, but I think we'll see them offer some fresh gains with the release of future drivers.
For now, though, it's hopes and dreams. It's probably worth the upgrade, though, for the most part because it's the first WHQL driver for the HD 6900s. There are of course always those little bug fixes that are addressed each month as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Carbon lattice material now set for use in high-end microphones
- Aussie telecom Optus offers free Xbox One with Microsoft Lumia order
- Australia implementing digital drivers licences before 2019
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis