Toshiba? Yes! Toshiba....Welcome to left field with this one. The biggest surprise for me at CES 2011 came from Toshiba who demoed an enterprise drive using low cost 32nm eMLC. The new drive will be offered in 100, 200 and 400GB capacities. This is another SAS enterprise drive, but Toshiba has a strong consumer controller line.
The biggest benefit for Toshiba's consumer products is their garbage collection, some of the best we've seen to date. If Toshiba were to get serious about making a high speed, market leading consumer SSD, they could do so by retooling their enterprise drive.
We spoke with Toshiba about this, but the enterprise VP wasn't having anything to do with it. We'll be keeping an eye on Toshiba in 2011, but don't hold your breath for a consumer drive based on this controller that can deliver over 90K IOPS and 510MB/s read. Pitty...
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 mobile game to feature microtransactions galore
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes