Toshiba? Yes! Toshiba....Welcome to left field with this one. The biggest surprise for me at CES 2011 came from Toshiba who demoed an enterprise drive using low cost 32nm eMLC. The new drive will be offered in 100, 200 and 400GB capacities. This is another SAS enterprise drive, but Toshiba has a strong consumer controller line.
The biggest benefit for Toshiba's consumer products is their garbage collection, some of the best we've seen to date. If Toshiba were to get serious about making a high speed, market leading consumer SSD, they could do so by retooling their enterprise drive.
We spoke with Toshiba about this, but the enterprise VP wasn't having anything to do with it. We'll be keeping an eye on Toshiba in 2011, but don't hold your breath for a consumer drive based on this controller that can deliver over 90K IOPS and 510MB/s read. Pitty...
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ViewSonic's 4K FreeSync capable gaming monitor now available
- FCC filing confirms 3600mAh battery for Galaxy S7 Edge
- Voice dictation coming to Apple TV
- New Fallout 4 1.3 update improves draw distance on PS4, Xbox One
- Surprise! Final Fantasy IX available on iOS and Android right now
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance