The HD 6970 is a good card and in single form it's a good setup already. In Crossfire you've got two good cards that create a great setup, and that's because AMD has done such a fantastic job when it comes to Crossfire.
Sure, the HD 6870 in Crossfire is better value and the HD 6850 in Crossfire is even better value, but out of the three setups this is the fastest. If you want the fastest setup this is the one to get when it comes to AMD cards.
You can see no matter what setup you throw at it, there's just unreal performance across the board. Crank up the resolution, it's not a problem for this setup. Crank up the AA detail, again not a problem. There's really just some great performance from this setup and the bottom line is if you want performance, this is a setup you should be looking at.
We were a little tough on the HD 6900 series. Like I said in my initial review, they're good cards with moments of greatness. This is a prime example of that here, except there are not just a few moments of greatness; the performance across the board is just great.
AMD has just done a fantastic job when it comes to Crossfire and there's clearly not going to be any room for improvement for the most part as we really do see gains of almost 100% at the highest resolution. With that said, there are of course some applications where we don't quite see those gains and Mafia II is one that stands out. It's clear, though, there's a lot less work that has to be done with Crossfire today than there was 12 months ago.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Card and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 3 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 18 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- 8 minutes of new Prey gameplay footage released
- Titanfall 2 blog detailed the items of the in-game store
- AMD performance issues in Darksiders Warmastered fixed
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair