We've welcomed the new HD 6800 series with open arms and while the HD 6870 might be the faster of the two cards, the HD 6850 represents some great value for money. When we add a second one into the mix we do see that the overall value does dip slightly, but the performance gains are really strong.
While we ran over a few speed humps early on when we looked at the HD 6850, it's nice to know that it's smooth sailing from here on out. With the correct 960 Shader HD 6850 already looked at by itself, overclocked and in Crossfire, it's time to place the last piece into our puzzle.
That is of course the HD 6850 in Crossfire, overclocked! - We're not going to go into much detail outside of specifications because we've already looked at the HIS HD 6850 before, and we've also looked at the HD 6850 in Crossfire at stock speeds earlier this week. Instead we'll just quickly look at how we overclocked and what we ended up with.
Overclocking on the HD 6800 series cards when in Crossfire is a bit of hit and miss. A lot of programs at the moment are having trouble overclocking two cards, which meant that Voltage Adjustment was out for the moment.
Instead we just opted for the Overdrive feature in the Catalyst drivers which while not giving us the most options, does ultimately let us clock both cards and adjust the core clock and memory clock.
Without extra voltage we managed to bump the core clock from 775MHz to 840MHz and the memory went from 4000MHz QDR to 4400MHz QDR. It's not a huge overclock, but the inability to add more voltage to the core was going to limit our core overclock. Either way, we should see a nice little performance increase.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 18 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Analogix acquired by Chinese consortium for $500 million
- Clinton's deleted emails won't go public before election
- Palmer Luckey spends money on pro-Trump 'meme magic'
- The biggest telescope begins its search for alien life
- Want to play Battlefield 1 early? Prepare for October 13
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now