OCZ Toolbox Security Menu
The Security Menu offers just one option in the public release and that is the Secure Erase option. To use Secure Erase to get your drive back to a like new, fresh condition, you will need to delete all partitions on the drive in Windows Disk Management. When this happens all of the data on the drive will be destroyed and lost forever.
Once the Secure Erase is finished a message at the bottom left handle corner will stay Secure Erase Complete. At that time you need to reboot your computer to finish the operation.
OCZ Toolbox Details Menu
The final menu is the Details Menu. Here you can look at your drive in greater detail and access accurate SMART information.
In this image we see the window that opens when you choose Identify Data. There is a lot of information here and we are just starting to dive into this section to find out what all the software is telling us about the drives. Most users will have little need for this area, but we hope to eventually use it to tell what features have been turned on and off in each drive.
A far more useful tool for end users is the SMART Data. Here you can keep track of the status of your drive, how many times you have done something bad the drive doesn't like or even monitor the estimated life of your drive left. Don't get too worried, these are only estimate numbers and if you don't like what they say you can always go back and secure erase the drive and it will then read at 100% of life remaining.
Further Reading: Read and find more Storage content at our Storage reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Mobile payment market is up for grabs among companies pushing services
- Dropping phablet prices putting pressure on smaller-sized smartphones
- Secret Service plans to test drone flights in Washington, D.C
- Tim Cook: Apple Watch could replace car keys for newer vehicles
- RIP 'Star Trek' legend Leonard Nimoy
- Ga-ep31-ds3l dead after flashing bios
- HIS Multi-View x2 HDOCK1 USB 3.0 Dual Display Docking Station Review
- Cannot open CTRL + I Intel rapid storage menu
- Intel ME (Management Engine Components). Is it important?
- ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer AM3+ Ultra Fast Boot Not Working?
- Fractal Design Announces Venturi Series Fans
- BitFenix Announces AEGIS Micro-ATX Chassis
- VisionTek Introduces DriveXpander 2.5-inch Drive Expansion Slot Adapter
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop