Our test boards
While we would have loved to have used a single make of board from one company, truth is, not every company uses every chipset. We did our best to find boards that performed at good levels for out tests, to gauge the best possible results.
For the Intel i845E chipset we used the DFI NB73-EA motherboard. This board was given to us as a reference sample for i845E when it was released and has proven in just simple tests to be a good gauge for i845E.
For the i845G tests we used the EPoX 4G4A+. This board has impressed us beyond belief and with its "unofficial" support for DDR-333 memory, it is certainly a winner for the i845G category.
For the SiS 645DX chipset we used the Soyo P4S645DX Dragon Ultra. This board proved to be great for speed and overclocking as well as being the most feature packed.
For the P4X400 chipset we used the P4PB-400 VPSD board. We used this board simply because no major manufacturers are supporting this chipset at the time of this release. While Soyo does have its P4X400 Dragon Ultra on the way, it isn't in production and therefore not a candidate.
For the SiS 648 chipset we used the SiS reference sample. Reason for this is no manufacturer currently has boards available at date of release. EPoX, ASUS, ABIT, Gigabyte and many others have SiS 648 on their ES tables, but not in mass production as of yet.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 2 [Intel i845E and G]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 3 [SiS 645DX]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 4 [VIA Apollo P4X400]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 5 [SiS 648]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 6 [Chipsets Head to Head]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 7 [Boards Used]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 9 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Multimedia Productivity]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 12 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- 533FSB Shootout - Page 14 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft says The Division being held back on PC 'simply not true'
- Telstra outage in Australia caused by 'embarrassing human error'
- Explosive new 'Independence Day' TV spot, poster go live
- Rise of the Tomb Raider could soon receive DX12 abilities
- The Division will require 32GB of HDD space on the Xbox One
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance