We now know that the GIGABYTE X58A-UD9 can give us some great performance. However, we have not yet touched on all of the available features of this board. After all, one of the major selling points is that you can drop up to four AMD or NVIDIA graphics cards into this thing and really push the limits of graphics performance.
GIGABYTE made this board big enough for four GPUs, dropped in two NF200 chips to make sure there was enough PCIe 2.0 lanes to run them all at x16 and then topped that off with more power (dual 12-V Molex connectors) to ensure that these slots would get enough power. So, to see what we can get from this we decided to drop in three GIGABYTE GV-N470SO-13I cards. These are GTX 470 based cards from GIGABYTEs "Super Clocked" series. Each of these cards runs at a nice 700MHz core speed, up from the normal 604MHz found on the stock GTX470. They also have GIGABYTE's WindForce (aftermarket) cooling. At $349.99 a pop from NewEgg.com, this pushes our test system up to just under $1700 for the board and GPUs. That is quite a price tag to match up to.
I guess the preamble is done; let's get to benching and see if the performance meets the price.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017