High Quality AA and AF
Our high quality tests let us separate the men from the boys and the ladies from the girls. If the cards weren't struggling before they will start to now.
HD 5870 AVP is a little up, while Far Cry 2 shows no changes.
HD 5970 AVP shows no change, while Far Cry 2 seems to have dropped back ever so slightly.
There we have it; another month gone, and another Catalyst driver. On the performance front not a whole lot has changed. In talking to some people, there's a few interesting things that have to be mentioned here.
Firstly, most people are still on the 10.4a driver as it's been regarded as one of the best this year, ever since a lot of people have run into trouble. And while I haven't experienced the problems mentioned, it's clear with the amount of people having them, they exist.
Now, compared to the 10.4a driver, performance seems to be a little down. What's being said, though, is that this driver is a lot more stable than the 10.5s to 10.8s and while performance is a little down, you've got all those bug fixes that have been seen in the past few months.
The best thing to do is to set a restore point up, do an uninstall in the control panel and install the 10.9s. If you don't have any problems, stick with them, as they seem to be a great little driver this month.
It will be interesting to see what happens in the last quarter of the year as we see the HD 6000 begin to hit the market. Good times ahead!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Nintendo Switch accessories begin to get detailed
- 'Transformers 5' gets first trailer, explosions ensue
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand